Friday, December 7, 2007

18 Days Until Christmas....

Are you ready?

I'm not! But, it will all come together, it always does. I think that we will decorate this weekend, or at least put up the tree. I have lots of projects I want to do, as well. I have the letters J-O-Y that I'd like to put pretty paper on and embellish for my mantel. Plus, I need to make 10 Christmas cards. Also mail out my stuff for my Secret Santa.

Speaking of Secret Santa, here's what I've sent her so far:


So, if she visits my blog, which I doubt, because no one does, but she will know who sent it.

Also, I've been making Thank You cards for all the people who have helped my mom out during her sickness. My mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer in September. It's not the kind of cancer you want, not that you want any kind. Unfortunately, it is fatal and there is no cure. However, we are taking it day by day, and she's receiving treatments, that will hopefully extend her life. She's only 61.

Here's one of the cards, along with a close up of the details of embossing:


2 comments:

Samantha said...

I visit your blog :) I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I had no idea. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

Your projects are turning out really great! You have one lucky SS. I haven't received my package yet, but then again, I haven't sent mine out!! That craft fair just took everything out of me.

I hope you have an awesome weekend!! I'll be decorating too :)

Sandy said...

Chris, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's illness. She is way too young. I've been there twice and know what you are going through. The first time was my mom and I was pregnant with my DD, back in 1966. The second time was one of my brothers in 1986, so I totally understand. If you ever want to talk, please pm or email me.

Love your items you have made.
Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}}

Sandy/tx-nana-scraps