Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This Post is Dedicated to My Mom...

I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for your prayers and heartfelt PM's that I've received these last few months while my mom was getting chemo for stomach cancer.

Sadly, my mom passed away on December 27, 2007. The chemo didn't work, and the cancer was very, very aggressive. It's all very sad. She was only 61, and it hurts everyday, and everyday I miss her. She was my best friend, my shopping buddy, and the person I always turned to for advice on millions of things. She taught me everything. How to cook, clean, sew... she was a great mom, and an even better grandmother.

I haven't wanted to talk about it and it's still very hard. With that I leave you with a layout I did for her service:

Betty, 1946 ~ 2007

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi, Chris...

That is a beautiful layout. Take care.

Carly said...

I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. I know how hard it is to lose a parent. Please except my deepest sympathy.
~craftiegal ckmb

Samantha said...

I am so sorry, Chris. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I'm sending lots of cyber {{HUGS}} your way.

Your LO is a beautiful tribute to your mom.

scrappyhappy08 said...

I know I don't know you at all..but I just wanted to say that this is a beautiful LO...I can't even begin to imagine how hard it was for you to do that...I'm sorry for your loss...May God bless you and your family...

Michelle Weatherly
aka scrappyhappy08 from CKMB

Pamela said...

So sorry for your loss...have no clue what you are going through, but I am truly sad for you. Your layout looks lovely. Be thankful for the time you did get with your mother..and for the fact that you had such a great mother who was also a friend!