Monday, February 4, 2008

Double Tagged... and a tutorial

I've been tagged! Twice in a week, the first was by Alina B. L., so now I have to tell you 7 interesting things about me... let's see (I don't know how interesting these will be), I'll do the next tag later on.

1. I can remember things from when I was a baby, I remember being in the play pen, and feeling very angry when my mom put me in there... my cousins were there and I wanted to play with them.

2. I got married when I was 24, and we'll be married 16 years this May... you do the math! (24 seems so young to me now!)

3. I've only been scrapbooking for the past year and a half or so. But, I love it. I thought it was just gluing pictures and stickers on cardstock... that's so not scrapbooking!

4. I love to decorate my house.

5. I love to garden.

6. I wrote a children's book, but I'm patiently waiting for my DH to illustrate the pictures so that I can shop it around to get it published.

7. I've also written a few short stories... I fantasize about being a novelist. ;-)

Now, I must tag some folks, so here they are:

Happy Scrappy Sam - Samantha
Christina - inara
Pamela - Pamela
Tara - http://tinawhitney.blogspot.com/
Melegs - http://ericasdoingsomethingelse.blogspot.com/

I hope they play! All they have to do, is post 7 interesting things about themselves on their blogs. ;-)

Also, yesterday I did a non-LOAD layout! Took a couple days off. But, I thought I'd share a trick I use for how to select your lettering for a title before you stick it down and to make sure it will fit.

Here's the slide show


Here's what you do.
Select the letter stickers that you want to use. Get some tracing paper or vellum, then trace out your title. Now place your title over your layout. This will show you how your title will look and where you'd like to place it. If it looks good, now you're ready to place your letters down. But, don't place them right on the layout. Take a ruler and place the edges of the stickers on the ruler. Once you do that, you can now move it around on your layout for perfect placement. Then just stick it down.

I had a little dilemma with my title, I only had one "G" and I needed two. So, I took the outline of the "G" after I used the first one, and cut it out and placed it. It worked perfectly here because it didn't cover up the photo.

Here's the end result, and some close ups:


Another thing I did, rather than just stick these Gettysburg stickers right on the cardstock where they might get lost, I put them on some paper covered chipboard, and made my own embellie out of them.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Great tip!

Pamela said...

Ok...I played.

IamDerby said...

Nice page!

I got married at 22. At the time I thought I was so old. Ha now I know i was so young! (we are still married, 13 years in august)

Samantha said...

I didn't know you tagged me!! I will add my answers to my post tonight :) BTW, I love your pages! Oh, and I got married at 24, too. I thought I was so behind the whole marriage band-wagon. Ha!