Saturday, March 1, 2008

All Better

After yesterdays ordeal... today was much more pleasant. The vet called at 8 and said that Sophie did fine. They were calling her “Miss Sophie” the whole time... too cute. After her shot for vomiting, she didn't throw up any more. They gave her an IV all night, and we picked her up around 10:30 am. She's doing fine, and I boiled her some hamburger and rice, but only gave her 1/2 a cup. She's kept it down. Yeah! I'm so happy. The vet bill was under $500, but more than 200, but totally worth it! I'm going to make Dr. Stas the cutest Thank You card that he ever did see!

And, I thought that the ordeal deserved to be scrapped. ;-)






2 comments:

Samantha said...

Poor little Sophie! I just read your post from yesterday. I would have been scared out of my mind. My pets are my kids. Did the vet say what was causing the vomitting and blood?? That's so strange. Rawhides have been known to cause problems in dogs. I'm so glad she's feeling better! The LO you did is so darn cute.

Oh, and I'll make you anything you like!! We can trade jewelry for scraps ;)

Kay said...

I'm so glad Miss Sophie is feeling better!! I just read about your ordeal. That is so scary.