Thursday, April 24, 2008

Photoshop Filters

I've noticed that there is a lot of talk about "actions" lately, and frankly, I'm baffled why you'd buy one. It's so easy with the tools at hand to do anything that those actions can do... after all the actions were made in photoshop. If you have elements, you do need to buy actions... I don't think you can make them yourself, but if you have Photoshop CS, you can make your own actions... it's pretty easy.

I don't bother to make actions, because, no two photos are alike. Here's a sample of a photo that I did some enhancements on, using the filters in photoshop.

This is the original photo, but I did use the adjustment shadow/highlight to lighten it a bit, then I further adjusted it by doing some brightness and contrast:


Here's the same photo with a lens flair filter added to it... pretty neat, huh?


Here's the same photo, but this time I added a lighting effect filter to it, pretty dramatic:


And this by far is the coolest... I added the lighting effect filter and the lens flair to produce this:

So, if you have photoshop CS, you don't need to purchase pricey actions, just play and learn photoshop and you can do tons of effects.

Hope you have a happy day.

No comments: