Saturday, April 19, 2008

Has it been a week.....

already??? This week went so fast. I was so busy with work projects. I'm still not caught up. But, that's OK, we need to have a constant flow of work, seeing that we have a constant flow of bills! Always something.

We are always baking in this house. Today Emma and I baked some chocolate cookies with chocolate chips in them. Emma decided that my recipes are very messy and that we should make a nice recipe book. I agreed, and have been wanting to do that. I'm thinking maybe doing an 8x8 album... put a recipe a page, just do our family favorites... and try to write those ones down that are in my head, like the halupkis (cabbage rolls). I tried to write down the peirogi recipe... it's hard when you just dump some flour onto the table, make a well, add a couple of eggs and oil... no measuring. I remember watching my grandmother do this, and my mother. It was always a treat to have those... and still is.

I've made it to round 3 of the Survivor Challenge over on the All Moments Remembered scrap chat board. They have great monthly kits... been thinking about getting the next one. This week the challenge was to make your own embellishments. I totally love how mine turned out. I can't share that just yet, after Monday I can... however, below is last weeks challenge layout. The challenge was to use teal, orange and tan, any shade of those colors, and do something tranquil... this is what I came up with....and I machine stitched for the first time... on a layout, I sew cloth stuff all the time:

Serenity_sm

3 comments:

Monkdabutt said...

My husband and I are doing the same thing, making a family recipe book using our family favorites, some from his childhood some from mine. My silly goal is to give it as a wedding gift to my 2 yr old son when he gets married. So his wife can make all of his childhood favorites. (I am still calling my MIL to ask how to make certain things from hubbys childhood)

My suggestion would be do them 6X6 tha way a 12x12 sheep of cardstock is used 4 times. (learned this with recipe swaps)

I can't wait to see the finished products.

CKMB monkdabutt

Chrispea said...

monkdabutt, that's not a silly idea, that's a great idea to give it to your son. 6x6 might be a better size, thanks!

jadadog said...

mmmmm---I bet your house smells good! Can I have one? Great LO!