Sunday, April 6, 2008

Stickle Goodness!!

I'm over at AMR (All Moments Remembered) doing their online crop, and one challenge was the Spring Sparkle challenge. So, I stickled up my letters, and while doing so, found a really easy, not so messy way to stickle your letters.

I used my Silhouette and a sheet of self-adhesive cardstock. You could use regular cardstock, too, just don't peel your letters off right away, leave them adhered to the mat and leave them surrounded by the cardstock. Don't peel the letters or the background off. You don't want stickles on your cutting mat. You can use any die cutting machine for this.

Once I cut out my letters, I left them intact on the cardstock. I took my bottle of stickles and generously applied to my letters, using the tip to spread it around. I let it dry thoroughly.

Once dry, I removed my letters from the backing... no messy Stickles all over the place. The excess stayed on the cardstock that I'll be throwing away, and the result is a perfectly coated letter.

stickle goodness

Have a “sparkley” day!

4 comments:

inara said...

great idea!!!

Debbie, a/k/a scrappydeb said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog, because I followed the link and have really enjoyed reading yours! I'm SO with you on the all-caps-scrips, what's up with that?? LOL! I'll remember your typeset/line length tutorial. It's fun reading a "local" blog, I just recently discovered Art-Tech myself, and although it's a bit of a hike, it's well worth it! Love Cathy at The Crop Shop, too! Great Stickles tip!

Mary Dawn said...

literally genius...crafters are so crafty, hee...thanks for the great idea

NancyJones said...

wonderful idea!