Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I've Been Busy

Last night I took a break from scrapping. I can’t say that I didn’t do anything creative yesterday, because I did a quick card to send with a puzzle piece I decorated for a friend from the Creative Keepsakes message board. Here’s the decorated puzzle piece:

Here are two closeups of the altered puzzle piece:



I had such fun creating this layout from the All Moments Remembered kit that I got on Monday. The paper was perfect for my New Orleans photos. We went back in 2001, it was lovely, and the food was delicious. Here’s my LO:


Here is a closeup of the fleur de li chipboard piece. I painted it brown, then rubbed some metallic blue paint on with my finger... and it was a bit too blue, so then I toned it down by rubbing some of the brown paint over the blue. Then I scuffed up the edges a bit with an emory board. I think it turned out pretty cool...sort of looks like old metal:


In this close up, I layered 3 flowers and added a Prima brad, it has a cherubic angel on it, which goes with the whole New Orleans French theme:


That’s it for now. On a side note, Blogger has been a bugger this morning, and doesn’t let me use the little picture icon to upload photos... the way around this is to put the pictures in by editing HTML. Since I have my pictures on Flickr, I can just copy the HTML code that Flickr has under my photo, and they pop right in. I don’t know why some days Blogger works and some days it doesn’t.

Have a great day!!

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute puzzle piece.

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Good morning Christine!
I LOVE your art! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog this morning. You made my day.
It is so nice to meet you!
Melissa

joscelyne cutchens said...

that is sooo cute! do I spy your owl? I have two of those puzzle pieces I need to do! :)I better get on it! Have a great day!

PattiM said...

that puzzle piece is too cute... I love the colors... And your LO is awesome...Makes me wish I was walking down that street... Smelling the food...

Patti M
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!

Samantha said...

You have just reminded me that I need to do my puzzle piece for Nicole!! Poor gal has been waiting patiently for me since before I moved. Love what you did with yours :) And I love your New Orleans LO!! The AMR kit was perfect for this type of theme.

Keep on scrapping - you inspire me!!

Toni said...

Whoa! I absolutely LOVE the New Orleans page. It's gorgeous!!! Dh and I went to the Jazz Festival there many years ago. We had sooo much fun. I pray they are able to return the spirit of that town. It's a most unique cultural corner of the U.S. and would be sad to lose that.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. Nice blog too!

Debbie, a/k/a scrappydeb said...

That puzzle piece is too darn cute! Love the layout, too. GREAT effect on that chipboard! The layered flowers are gorgeous too. I have some of those printed flowers (Heidi Grace, right?)... but have never found a use for them yet.

Pamela said...

Great puzzle piece! Love the LO too! :)