Monday, May 5, 2008

National Scrapbooking Day

How did you spend NSD? Mine was a total BLAST!! I woke up early Saturday morning, packed the car and woke my daughter. She came with me. We hopped on the Pennsylvania turnpike and headed east. Stopping only for some Starbucks coffee, organic chocolate milk and 2 fat free lemon muffins and a pee break! LOL! We arrived at Michelle's right on time, 9:30 AM... we were due at the Flower and Craft Warehouse in Blue Ball just outside of Lancaster at 10. We had their cropping room booked for the day. Once we arrived, I was totally overwhelmed at the vastness of the store. It is a WAREHOUSE! They had everything crafty... silk flowers, art supplies, wedding supplies... you name it.

I shopped first, then scrapped and chatted. I worked on some ATC's for a swap at All Moments remembered. We played a game and had a gift exchange.

After the crop, Michelle and I took our girls to a Chinese restaurant where they gorged themselves on crab legs. My DD and I went back to our hotel and she swam for about 45 minutes, then we headed up to our room and off to bed. It was a great day, my DD even said so... although she was a little bored at times.

Here are some photos from the day:
Sitting (l - r): Sillygoosemonkey/Amy; Latte Lover; Suzyq;
Standing (l - r): Scrappinpjs/Paula; Chris(pea); Shelle's 2 Girls/Michelle; Jerseygrlscrapper/Lucy (in the pink & black); aylapiper/Beatrice (in the blue); Mjay (in the black); Craftcornercindy/Cindy (in the white & blue); Christy0212; & kck182/Kristin.







With the gift exchange, I had Mjay's and it was a Creating Keepsakes scrapbooking kit. It is really nice. I used some of the papers last night to make a card for my son's teacher ~ for teacher appreciation week.


Hope you all had a great National Scrapbooking Day!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm really sorry I missed this. It looks like you all had a lot of fun. I hope to make the next crop there. I've wanted to get to that store for ages!
Your card is really cute!

Debbie, a/k/a scrappydeb said...

Looks like so much fun! WOW that store sounds incredible.

congratulations on your "Survivor" win too, btw! Great page!