Wednesday, May 28, 2008

News & A Layout

I was very excited to find out that Pencil Lines chose my New Orleans layout for their reader gallery for Sketch #58. How cool! That was the first time I used their sketch and the first time to submit! Woo-hoo.

Here's one of the layouts that I did this weekend. I had it on my desk a while. These pictures are from my DD's 10th birthday party. I bought the Confetti line of paper for this from MME. Also the "party girls" acrylic title is MME, too. It's a cute line. The green journaling card is from MME, but not from the confetti line, but I liked it better than the one they had in that line.

I put these mardi grass masks on the girls in photoshop, since they're not my kids, and I don't know how the mom's would feel about me putting their children on the net. Heather, the DT Coordinator on All Moments Remembered chose this layout yesterday for her "Caught My Eye Tuesday"... that was pretty exciting too... a good scrappy day!

If you have sheets and sheets and sheets of unused rub-ons like I do, this is a good way to use them up!

Here's the layout:


Also, wanted to show you this neat little "worry doll" my DD made. She made it from toothpicks, glue and some embroider floss. She put tiny beads in her hair and even made a little purse for her... too funny. You're supposed to put the doll under your pillow... I guess it takes your worries away.... I think I'll need a bigger doll!


Have a worry free day! ; )

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute LO and congrats for have it on the Pencil lines gallery. :)

Rachel said...

What a happy day for you!

Congrats!!!

You do awesome work, glad somebody noticed. LOL :)

Toodles and Happy Hump Day!

Samantha said...

Congrats, Chris!! Excellent LO - I'm always so inspired by your work :) You make me want to get my scrap on!!

That little worry doll is too cute. I have this very tiny box (about an inch long) that has these itty-bitty worry dolls inside (they're about a half inch long), and you're supposed to tell them your worries and stick them under your pillow so that your worries are gone in the morning. Just like you, though, I think I need bigger dolls!!

Bev (twofrogs84) said...

Love the layout - especially the masks! Looks like you do alot of digital scrapping - somethin' I haven't had the guts to try out yet.

Thanks for checking me out...I'll be adding you to my list.

Bev

Veronica said...

Hey Chris!
Looks like you were in New Orleans on a "Good Weather" day! LOL I love to be a tourist in my own city! I can honestly say, I haven't been to Anne Rice's place! Our city looks fantabulous in your LO. Great job! Let me know if I can send you anything!!