Monday, June 9, 2008

AMR's Weekend Crop

I had fun at the All Moments Remembered monthly MB crop. I am NOT a fast scrapper. So, I only managed to do 3 challenges. I was totally whipped. I felt like I worked a full day!! My first layout I started Saturday evening around 8 ish, and finished it around 1am. So, that's 5 hours, but, some of that was spent on the internet chatting on the board. I had the laptop in my scrap room with me. We just got it back, so I was testing it out. I like having it in there, but that monitor blows. UGH, I'm so spoiled with this nice monitor I have with my new iMac. The laptop is an older iBook, but we just had it's engine overhauled.

One of the challenges was to make a mini matchbook album using a Hambly overlay. I had the owl one, so here's what I came up with... it's titled "hoo r u?" and each pages shows who my daughter is:

Cover:

Here's the inside cover when you lift the overlay, apparently I'm a day ahead of myself, I stamped the date yesterday, but it's today's date... oh well, close enough!


I used the K&Co. Wild Saffron paper, 7 gypsies book binding tape to cover my staples, the Hambly overlay, some Basic Grey Rubons, and the Wild Saffron journaling spots.

Here are the inside pages:



I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. That's one reason why I like crops, I would have never done this on my own. But, I'm glad I did. I love it, my DD loves it.

Have a happy day!!

4 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

very cute Chris! :)

inara said...

very cute! good job!

Marfa said...

fabulous....I'd love it too!!!

noel joy said...

love the mini book chris. you have a way with those! :D super cute!

have fun with flat joscie... watch her "sticky" fingers in your scrap supplies! lol!