Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Few Days Off & A Layout to Share

I will be on hiatus for a few days... taking some time off to have some fun.... I'll have lots to scrap about when I come back. I thought I'd leave you with this... it's a layout I did last week for the crop challenge. The challenge was to use a pocket on our layout. To make my pocket, I used a wide piece of ribbon and actually sewed it on to the paper. One of the other challenges was to make a tag out of something you had lying around the house. I had this Martha Stewart paint chip... so I cut that into a tag shape then embellished it. I loved how the tag turned out, so I used it for my LO and for something to be in the pocket... I didn't want the pocket to be big, because then the tag would get covered up... with the pocket being shallow, it still serves its purpose of holding the tag, but, the tag also became a part of the layout.

The Martha Stewart paint chip also ended up being the color palette. I like how it turned out... and I softened my big photo by de-saturating it a bit, then, with that layer over the original, I let some color peek thru.

Here's the layout:

Here's a close up of the tag coming out of the pocket:

Layered flower:


Here's a close up of the butterfly:

And, here's the tag:

I had fun making that... but, I didn't get many challenges done, since I scrap so darn slow!

See ya in a few! Take care!!

5 comments:

inara said...

gorgeous layout! I love all the layers!

Hayley said...

Great LO!!! I agree with pp, I {heart} all the layers!!!

Hayley

Kristin said...

Great LO, enjoy your fun time!

Bev said...

I just love the tag - what a cool idea!! Hey, send me an email about where the Art Tech supply store is and what they have.

TFS
Bev
twofrogs84@yahoo.com

Pamela said...

Beautiful LO!!!!!