Saturday, July 12, 2008

New "Hand-stitched" Hybrid Layout

If you haven't checked out the Making Memories blog, you must. Joscie has a tutorial on there, actually 2 tutorials, on hand-stitching on your layouts. And I did it! It was "sew" easy! ;-) Her instructions are great.

This was one of those layouts that took forever to come together. I think I spent an hour looking for paper, and ended up looking on my computer thru my digital stash, and found the ones that were perfect. I printed the digi paper out on this Staples brand double sided matte photo paper. It's really nice paper. And, as you can see, it distresses really well. It's heavy like Bazzill. Very nice.

Here's the LO... I'm very happy with it. I think there are like 6 hours of work in this! Oi vay!


Here I used the Queen & Co. felt, and embellished it with buttons & flowers. Here's a close up:


I found those cheapy chipboard letters at Target in the dollar spot, the ones that look like Scenic Route. I didn't like the stripes on them, so I sanded them, painted them with metallic teal, then used Rangers Turquoise stickles to cover them.



Here are 2 close ups of the stitching. I was totally surprised at how neat it turned out. Thanks MM and Joscie for the sewing tips! I used the backstitch method:



Thanks for looking!

If you want to have some fun today, there is an online crop over at All Moments Remembered Message board. They have challenges every hour and prizes for each. It starts at 4 pm EST. Come join us!

9 comments:

Sandy/tx-nana-scraps said...

Beautiful LO, love what you did to the felt flowers too. The pictures are adorable, she's so cute!!! Great LO!!

Anonymous said...

Chris, this LO is beautiful. Love the colors you used and the stitching is superb. (And that's from someone who has been sewing since early teens! that's more than a few years!) You just did a bang-up job on this. Gloria

joscelyne cutchens said...

OH my goodness girl! that looks soooo cute, i love love love it! Great idea for the letters too! SO cute!

obxpatti said...

Gorgeous! I love those pictures, so sweet.
Thanks for the tips on making those letters pretty.

Stacy said...

It is just beautiful! I love your work!

Kristin said...

I love the stiching and how you altered the Target letters. Great idea!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh, what a cute page! Love your stitching and all the layering on the flowers! Off to check out that tutorial!

Em said...

Your stitching is superb! This is a beautiful layout, great photos and gorgeous colours :)

Lisa B. said...

Great work girl! Love the stitching!