Monday, July 14, 2008

A Productive Weekend

I managed to get a few challenges done at the All Moments Remembered Crop. This one was my favorite. Of course, I pick the hardest one to do first! You had to scrap something you love that isn't animal or human, so I scrapped my coffee pot. I was going to do my iMac, but, Heather's sample was of her iBook, and I figured I'd do something different. I got the inspiration from (of all things) a Starbucks box.

Here's the inspiration:

For the layout, you had to have paint, something that wasn't a scrapbook supply - I used 1/2 of a Starbucks gift card, and the logo from the above box), a number somewhere, words other than in your title or journaling.

Here's how it turned out. It was pretty fun to create. I really like to use "junk" on scrapbook pages.

Here's a close up of the card. I tried to round the corner of the card where I had cut with my corner rounder, but I didn't want to snap the plastic green handle off... so I used my Xacto knife, then just sanded it.

I also won the challenge! Woo-hoo. Scrappy goodness!

Looking at this LO makes me want to make a pot of coffee...

Have a super day!!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

This layout if great! You're so creative :)

Kristin said...

This is fantastic, thanks for sharing. Way to think outside of the box, or in this case cup, lolo!

Brit Swiderski said...

I love that layout! You did a wonderful job incorporating the inanimate object and all the wonderful now-SBing items. Congratulations on winning as well!

joscelyne cutchens said...

congratulations lady! what a beautiful layout! i love it!

Stacy said...

This LO is so good! I love it!

Lisa B. said...

Awesome work! I just picked up two gift cards to starbucks the other day to make a LO...thanks for the inspiration and the push! :)

Brooke said...

Chris you are such an inspiration. You have been nominated by me for the Brillante weblog award. Details on my blog.