Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend Update

All in all it was a pretty nice weekend. It rained a bit, but nothing was ruined because of it.

I took lots of photos. We went to the local Arts and Heritage Festival on the 4th. Good food. Good art. Good music. We didn't see any fireworks, tho. But, they have good ones this weekend in the next town over on Saturday.

They had new signage at the festival. I don't know who did it, but I love it!


Here is one of the bands that were playing. They played jazz and some R&B stuff.



Every year this guy brings in these wild birds of prey. This Golden Eagle, he's really old... his left wing is droopy because he suffered a stroke. My DD told me that. The same guy visits the local elementary schools and brings the birds in. Isn't he gorgeous tho?


And this guy is a Peregrine falcon:


And this guy (or girl, I can't remember which) is a Prairie falcon (I think). I should have taken photos of their names that were on the signs under each bird.



And here's some graffiti art being done... pretty cool stuff... this guy was so accommodating, he sprayed my Chrispea logo right on his art work! (LOL! just kidding! ~ thanks again to Joscie for making my Chrispea stamp!)




And lastly, here is the one lonely firework that we had. It was one of those little canister things that you light up and sparks come out. I tried to take a photo... didn't use a tripod tho.



I'm hoping to get my "scrap-on" later. I printed out some really cute "old" photos of my DD when she was little. Too cute. I'm going to call a local LSS and see if they can pull some paper and things for me - because I don't have any paper that will work... imagine that!? I'll see if I can pay for it over the phone and have a friend pick it up for me... he lives in Butler... notice how I said "he". That's why I'm not just giving him the list, he'd be clueless on what to look for. But, I think he'll pick it up for me, if they can get the order together. They are awesome, so I'm sure they will. Matt, I and the kids are meeting with Bill Wednesday to have a belated birthday dinner with Bill. We also need to take our computer to the Apple store :-(. Bill is are computer guru, but, this is a problem that needs an authorized apple dealer to work on! Hi Bill ~ if you're reading this, hope you won't mind pickin' up my scrap goodies! ;-)

Have a great week, and stop by tomorrow ~ it's my Blogiversary!! One year to the day! Stay tuned!!

That's it Fort Pitt! (That's a local Pittsburgh saying! LOL!)

5 comments:

angie said...

great updates!!!...awesome pictures!...the signs at the festival were great!...
;) angie/craftyscrapr

PattiM said...

Love the signs at the festival... Looks like a fun place to be at.... cool to get pictures of the birds....love the lonely fireworks... beautiful shot.. mine turned out lousy... again... LOL Hope you have a great week...

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!

Stacy said...

Enjoyed looking at the pictures. The birds are gorgeous. And the stamp is really cute.

To answer your question about the picture of the girls - the older one is my niece and the younger one is my daughter. I think they are pretty cute but I'm partial :)

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. the festival looked like fun!! :)

Debbie Gaydos said...

Hey, is that Twin Lakes? I haven't been there in years, but my MIL, BIL & SIL were there on the 4th, too! Looks like it was a lot of fun!