Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just Finished Twilight

Oh, Spoiler alert if you're reading the book, don't read this paragraph:

Does that make me a "Twilighter"? The book was pretty good. I have to say, though, I thought The Host was better. More complex. However, I did enjoy Twilight... a quick read and very entertaining. I'm looking forward to the movie, and in this case, I think the movie will be better than the book (don't shoot me, it's just mho!). I've noticed they took a lot of liberties in the movie. For instance, when the book describes the Nomads, both guys had close cropped hair... in the movie, they both have long messy hair. And, in the movie trailer, Charlie says something like so and so got killed, looks like an animal did it. Well, no "human" was killed in the book. And the fight scene is completely different... first, she didn't spray mace in his face, she basically passed out, then woke up in the hospital and it was all over... I like the movie ending better where Edward rescues her, not his brother.

(spoiler over, commence reading)

And, I just read that the movie release of Twilight will be November 21, 2008 instead of the original Dec. 12 release date... and the sad part is, it's because Harry Potter won't be released until next summer. I was looking forward to both movies, so I'm kinda bummed.

Here's a couple of layouts I did last weekend. I've done nothing at all related to scrapping this weekend. I read a book, cleaned a bit and watched some movies. I think we're doing a mini hike today, looking for those other letterboxes. :)

Here's a LO where you had to scraplift yourself:


Here's the original:

And this layout, the challenge was 2 pieces of double sided paper, had to be on an angle and no embellies... OMG, no embellies?! That's like eating a cupcake without icing!! What's the point??? But, it turned out OK.


It's all the same paper line, K&Co. Wild Saffron... I bought a paper pad of it, so I have a ton.

Yesterday we went to Barnes & Noble, and I picked up the latest copy of Making Memories, and 2 of my blogging buddies are in there... Jenn Emch and Debbie Gaydos!! Congrats you guys! I'm so excited for you!!

Blog ya later!!

4 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Hehe... I just popped over to check your latest blogging, and had no idea I was going to get a shout-out! THANKS!

Love your pages! Great challenges too, I'll have to remember those! Love your card below, too! Looks like you had a really productive crop!

inara said...

very cute layouts and I'm totally addicted to the Twilight series too, I still need to read "the Host" though.

Rachel said...

So glad you are reading them! Are you gonna read the rest of them? I think you will like them too.


I finally got around to reading Host, LOVED IT!!! I only got it because of what you said about it.

~THANKS~


Beautiful layouts!!!

Pamela said...

Great pages! I would have found the no embies one hard to do, but yours looks great! :)