Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last Weekend of Summer...

before school, at least. The kids start school tomorrow... the summer went by so fast. We had to squeeze one last summery thing in, so we took a drive up to Lake Erie. It was a fun day. Very relaxing and the weather was beautiful. Not too hot. The water was freezing tho! Cold Canadian water!

Here's a shot of Ethan, he was cold. (told ya the water was freezing!)


Strongman E:
We're still working on his arm therapy... he still can't fully extend it. (I do feed this boy! I used to look like that! Ha, not anymore!!)

Emma found these tiny shells:


Some crazy sea gulls ... or are they lake gulls?



After we were done swimming and lounging on the beach, we stopped at a local diner to eat. It was called Sara's. It was packed with people, so we figured it was good... plus I think it was featured on the Food Network. We all ate burgers, Em had a hotdog... we were too stuffed for ice cream, but it looked really good.

Here are the kids posing with the giant hotdog:

Ethan was trying to sneak out of the photo.

The next time we go up there, I want to ride a sailboat. I'm sure we can get one for the day, with a guide of course, seeing that I've never sailed before and might end up in Ontario!

Friday night I finished up this layout before starting on my stuff for the All Moments Remembered guest DT spot. I had this laying on my desk for a week or so. I moved it and everything slid off... so when I sat down I had to redo it... I used the Making Memories Passport line:


These photos are from Disney when we ate in Germany at Epcot... very good food...and beer! ;)



Love the metal clips!

Have a great weekend... I'm going to finish up my layouts for AMR, I used some photos from my film camera. Couple of good shots in there, but mostly stuff from last Christmas... and a lot of really blurry bad pictures. I think I'll stick with digi... maybe Santa will bring me a nice Nikon, if I'm good ;). The paper is gorgeous from the September kit at All Moments Remembered... you must check it out as soon as it's up for sale (you can always preorder). Heather does a fantastic job of coordinating all the elements and papers.

Oh, one more thing.... CONGRATS to Joscie for being a Memory Makers Master 2009 runner up! Woo hoo!!! What a fantastic honor to be chosen from hundreds of entries! Visit Joscie's blog to see her fantastic scrapbook pages.

3 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Great page with that MM! Looks like fun at the beach. I'm back to work today too, so I feel your kids' pain... LOL! Mine have their first full day today, so we're all getting back in the routine here, too.

Congrats to Josie! How exciting!

Elizabeth said...

I love that LO!! Looks like you all had a fun at the Lake. i was thinking about going to a local lake around here but I'll probably end up at the Canfield fair this weekend. :)

angie worthington said...

love the layout!...the pics are awesome!!!...glad you guys had a great weekend before starting school...