Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Guest DT Layouts

It was really fun to be a guest DT for All Moments Remembered. Since the reveal was Monday, I can post my LO's. So, here ya go:

This one is all Heather Bailey stuff from Autumn Leaves.... and I really loved the paper. The rub-ons are Heather Bailey, the felt flowers are Prima & the clip is Making Memories noteworthy, the new line. The kit has lots of Noteworthy paper, too. I will be using that soon. :)


This paper is from Prima, the Dude Collection. Loved all the Dude paper, great for boys! I think embellies on boy layouts are the hardest, so I took another piece of the dude paper and just cut circles out of it. The circle is cut out from a Cosmo Cricket Hello Sunshine Journaling card. Orange chipboard letters are from Cloud 9 and the blue letters are AC Thickers.


This next layout was a real simple one for me, I didn't embellish like I normally do. It's more of my "work" style coming thru, my graphic design-ness if you will! LOL! I just cut a strip of Cosmo Cricket -Hello Sunshine- Over Easy paper for the half circle look. Then used the Heather Bailey chipboard flourishes from Autumn Leaves. I have to say, this stuff will not stick, even tho it's self adhesive. I had to run a glue stick on the back of these pieces to make them not fall off everytime I lifted the LO up.


The last piece I did for the kit was a card ~ again using Heather Bailey paper. I had done the card with the paper, the big flower and the rub-on over the stamped journaling circle... but, it was just not there yet. So, I let it sit overnight and came back to it the next day. I decided it needed something to pull it together, so I stitched around the edge. Then, I added the rest of the pretty green lace ribbon. (wish I had more of that!). It was getting better, but still wasn't quite there. I decided to use a couple of the green chipboard flourishes that looked like leaves, and boy did that help. I think the dark color helped pop the flower a bit, because it was getting lost on the pattern. Then the final thing I did, to sort of balance the bottom and top because it seemed bottom heavy, was I added the little knot and used a glue dot to stick it to the ribbon.


That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;)

Let me know how you think I did in my first design team guest spot ever. I was so nervous. I had to follow the likes of Christine Middlecamp, Stephanie Howell, Karla Dudley and Danielle Flanders... those are big shoes to fill.

Thanks for visiting... have a great hump day!

8 comments:

Jingle said...

You did an awesome job with the kit, Chris!

angie worthington said...

happy hump day to you, too!...your layouts & card are all FABULOUS!!!...can't wait to get my kit!....

Jodi (scrapperjo) said...

You did a fabulous job with the kit. WONDERFUL!!

Pamela said...

These are great! I love them all! Congrats on the guest DT gig. You rocked it.

Stacy said...

I think you are as good as any other guest designer AMR has had. Fantastic stchuff :)

beth said...

all of your layouts are awesome.
:)
looking forward to the crop on saturday.

Marfa said...

Beautiful card. Of the layouts, my fav is "Play Hard!" It's busy, colorful, but there's enough unifying it (like the circles) and the subtle color of the sepia tones photos!

laverneboese said...

Wow, love the layouts. Your style is beautiful. And your "simple" layout is my favorite!!!