Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Starting Point

Just a quick post to show you my process for laying out my Document a Week in Your Life album.

Like I mentioned here, I'll be using that K&Co. spiral album with the flip pages. Each page is 10 inches wide by 7 inches tall. There are 28 pages, divide that into 7, and you get 4 pages per day, but each page is double sided, so I have 8 sides to work with.

Here's Saturday, my first day:

You can click on the photo to enlarge it to see the details. I'm laying out the pages according to the time that they happened. After I do all 7 days, I'll know if I need to add any filler photos. For instance, last Thursday I took a total of 8 photos. (oops). I'm laying this out in InDesign. I know this sounds crazy, I'll need to open all my photos in photoshop and lay them out in there, adjust them as necessary, so I'll be doing it twice. I'm just in the figuring out process. I could just use the InDesign file, but I'm anal... I need to fix the photos. I also might add some brushes to the photos. I haven't totally committed to this look... I might want a quarter inch border around the photos, not each individual photo, but the photo block.... I haven't decided yet. Each day of the week will be cut out using my Silhouette.

I probably won't work on this album very much until the weekend... I need to work on a huge proposal for a college, and also another brochure for a school... so that will keep me busy.

Have a creative day!!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very cool start!! I can't wait to see it finished!! :)

Jingle said...

So far this is looking great! I can't wait to see it when it is finished!

angie worthington said...

chris, it is looking great!!!!....can't wait to see your finished book....

NancyJones said...

lookin good! I cant wait to see when it is finished!

joscelyne cutchens said...

very cool chrispea, I can't wait to see the results. I think I am going to attack my project today too :)

Marfa said...

SO cool to see the process...thanks for sharing!!!

scrappin{jewlz} said...

great job! Can't wait to see the rest of it!