Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Fun & Scrap n' Supply Shack Layouts

I hope everyone had a nice Halloween, if you celebrate it. We love the dressing up, parties and free candy part! We decorated our house a bit, and played spooky music. One little boy came slowly up our walk, looking quite apprehensive. When he finally got to where I sat with the big bowl of candy, he looked at me and asked, "Is your house haunted?"... I had to laugh. I told him no, it's just a house. He took the candy, thanked me, and slowly made his escape, looking over his shoulder until he was safely back with his dad. I miss those cute 4 year old days. (sigh)... now I have this to deal with:
Emma insisted on being a ghost in a sheet, even though we tried to tell her it would not be fun to walk around like that with the sheet slipping down over her head...

Here she is about half an hour later, with her friends that she caught up with... need I say more? Mom is always right. (she's the one with the camo hat.)

Ethan was the Joker, the Heath Ledger joker, not the cartoon one. Don't ya just love the vest I made out of a green t-shirt and sharpie?


I helped with his Halloween party at school. They have a parade where they walk around the school twice and parents and grandparents can come and see them all decked out. It's nice.

Here are my layouts using the November kit from Scrap n' Supply Shack.

This one is called Norway... and it's the Norway at Epcot.


This is my dad with his sisters in May of 1957. He was 15 in this photo. I thought these SEI Windsor papers provided in the kit had a real vintage feel to them.


These photos were taken at my dad's house on his birthday a few weeks ago. Gorgeous day. The kids were playing in the leaves, gathering them up into a pile and tossing them. I discovered my camera can take multiple photos quickly... it's under a menu called "drive". We've had this camera for almost 2 years, and I just discovered this. It will also bracket photos for me... taking photos one f-stop above and below. Pretty cool.


Everything on this layout is from the kit, except the Heidi Swapp mask. Debbie wants me to do a tutorial on the mask for the Scrap n' Supply Shack blog. Once I get that ready, I'll let you know when it's posted. That will be a fun project.

Here is the card I did. Really simple, and would work great for a guy card.


Have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi!
i absolutely love your new layouts!
your photos are wonderful!
xo
melissa

kelliebean said...

Love the Halloween pics! You made son's vest just like the ones we made for our students' drama club a few years ago (for A Midsummer Night's Dream)! :)

I just love the card - there's something about those colors that really caught my eye.

Cassie said...

Great card..love that color combo!