Monday, December 22, 2008

500+ photos later....

And I have a few good ones to share. (warning, this post is picture heavy!) Lots and lots of my pictures are blurry. I guess they will get better with time, you know what they say, Practice makes perfect! If at first you don't succeed....Rome wasn't built in a day... yada yada yada.

My son's birthday party went off without a hitch! He was so happy. He made a little speech at dinner thanking everyone for coming and announcing it was his best birthday ever... totally worth all the head spinning!

Here are a couple of pictures:

These are the treat bags for the boys:
I was playing with the depth of field here... thought this one came out cute. I could scrap this and use the white space to write in there in the lower corner....

Here is his football cake. Two things are nice about cupcake cakes - 1.) kids seem to eat a cupcake, but when you slice a piece of cake, half gets wasted; and 2.) no leftovers for me to eat.

After cake and ice cream, the kids played either Xbox or the Wii... this picture cracks me up, the girls were boxing... I laughed so hard watching them.

Here are some of the boys watching Batman:
I finally made my cookies. I still need to make my apricot kolache, sugar cookies, and gingerbread men. Maybe tomorrow. After all, Christmas isn't for another 2 days!

These are Linzter cookies. It came in a mix. My friend Karen gave the mix to me for Christmas and it came with the cookie cutters. I found that if you roll out sugar cookie dough on a pastry cloth, they don't stick and you don't need a spatula to lift them, so they retain their shape. I found my pastry cloths at Walmart, but I've also seen them at Target:



I had to sample cookies yesterday... there goes my diet!

And last, are my cards... yep, got those done, too:


On this one, I used the Freebie tickets that I had on my blog. I will be posting another freebie in the near future, so keep an eye out!

That's it for now. I hope you all are getting your holiday stuff ready and not stressing out. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Christie said...

I baked over 3 dozen sugar cookies today. :0 Now I have to decorate them tomorrow and make some pretzel hugs.
I got your Christmas card today! Thanks! All of your cards look great! And the party looked like lots of fun.

Kristin said...

I LOVE the football cake, what a great idea!

joscelyne cutchens said...

very very cool Chris! :) I finally finished up my cookies/treats and got them packed up and ready to distribute. all but one present bought and wrapped. now I think I may make some New Years cards. ;) i thought of you today and check out my blog for the picture :)

angie worthington said...

the cards are gorgeous, that last one is even more gorgeous in person...thanks!...

so glad that ethan's party was great..i agree with you on the cupcakes!....