Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bad Blogger

I know, it's been a while....I just really don't have anything exciting going on.

OK, that's not entirely true. I have my daughters Christmas concert tonight.... I got my new January kit to play with from Scrap N' Supply Shack.... yummy stuff in there... and I got a new digital SLR Nikon D40 camera... oh yeah! With 2 lenses. The 18-55 that comes with it, and a telephoto 55-200. Fun. I totally suck at using it. I seriously need to read and play and practice. I should be able to hopefully take some decent pictures of Emma singing in the concert tonight.

I took this picture of berries on our crab apple tree using the telephoto lens. I was standing in the doorway about 15 feet away:

And, this picture with the 18-55 lens. It got the whole living room in.

And yes, I have one yellow wall on the left and a green one on the right... and my fireplace is burnt orange. What can I say, I like colors! ;)

I've also been busy making lots of Christmas cards. No cookies yet, tho... gotta get on that.

What else??? Oh, my dear friend and scrapbooker extraordinaire Heather Prins is going to be Scrap N' Supply Shacks first guest designer in January. Yeah Heather!! You'll love her design work. Check out her blog and see her fantastic stuff and beautiful family.

Blog ya later!

5 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

Happy Holidays!
What great photos! I cannot wait to see more! How fun!
xo
melissa

Anne Marie Gross said...

I had my DDs Christmas cookie party today and when Santa showed up I was tempted to push all those little kids out of the way to sit on his lap and ask for a NEW NIKON! Maybe next year! I think the berries are fabulous, and I love your living room picture!

Heather Prins said...

Hi and thanks for the mention!! Cool about the camera and i happen to love your living room!!!!

Debbie said...

I'm so jealous of your camera!!!
Can't wait to see what you do with the Jan. kit!!!

Elizabeth said...

Yey!! You got your camera!! I'm so jealous!! Have fun with it!!