Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008....

It was a good and bad year. I think the first 6 months of the year I was in a semi catatonic state. My mom passed away last year, on Dec. 27... so it was a hard beginning... then in June we went on vacation to Disney, and I think that was the first that I'd felt happy in over 6 months.

A year later, and things have settled back to normal, my dad seems OK, my brother is OK, and it's OK, but weird.

I think 2009 will be great, at least I hope. I had the best meeting today. I met with the owner of an embellishment company located here in Pittsburgh. It's called Creative Charms and I will be doing their catalog. How cool is that?? They have really cute stuff. I purchased some of their embellies this past summer and left a comment on their blog, then she called me for catalog work! Bonus ~ I came home with a bag full of fun stuff to play with, too!!

I also acquired 2 new clients, besides the catalog stuff, so I hope to be busy this coming year.

And finally, some scrappy stuff to share. I just finished up my layouts for the Scrap N' Supply Shack's January Kit. I had a lot of fun using this stuff, especially on this wall hanging!

Photobucket

I recycled some cardboard! I had a blast throwing down white paint, silver paint, blue paint...then while the paint was wet, I threw some Martha Stewart silver glitter on it... I was having soooo much fun!

Here's another one I did with the kit... lots of handstitching and some doodling.

Photobucket

OK, that's it for now.

I wish you a very Happy New Year. If you go out, stay safe. Me, I'll be here in my nice safe, warm, comfy house watching the ball drop in my jammies!

Take Care! Blog ya next year!!

10 comments:

angie worthington said...

happy '09!...i am all warm & comfy in my pj's, waiting for midnight!...

your wall hanging & layout are both great!...

Marfa said...

Chris...it's a good reflection on the year. My dad's health is not good, he's even talked about dying and it makes me sad. So, I feel a connection when you talk about your mom's death last year...it really touches a soft spot.

XO

Jingle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that wall hanging! Seriously. Love it. The layout is great, too, but I am in love with that wall hanging! LOL!

sssalad said...

I feel a scraplift coming on! I LOVE the wall hanging and LO! TFS them! Heres to a great year in 2009!

Elizabeth said...

I hope you have a great new year!! I know 2009 will be great for you!! BTW... I love your LOs. :)

Shelley Haganman said...

Wishing you all the best in 2009! Love the wall hanging and the hand stitching!

Jenn said...

Chris, that wall hanging is too cute! Happy 2009!

JayKaye said...

Congratulations on getting the new work. I love to see what you have done with the embellies.
JayKaye

Pamela said...

Awesome work! I dod hope 2009 is a great year for you! :)

NancyJones said...

love the cardboard hangy thing IM gonna lift that if you dont mind but make it kinda different. I know what your saying about 2008 being a good but bad year. Im kinda glad its over to tell the truth and I hope 09 is better. I lost alot in 08 2 very good friends is what im most sad over broke my heart in so many ways. Losing a loved one is so hard. I remember losing my daddy and I have never gotten over it and dont think I ever will. so here is to 2009 being better for everything.
(especially health wise)
I hope you have a wonderful 2009 and we will try to help each other make the best 2009 we can DEAL? :) hugs my friend.