Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Monday!

Why is it happy? Well, let me tell you! This past weekend I moved into my very own scraproom! Complete with dusty pink walls. I’m trying to get that Vintage French look... I’m not finished decorating or putting things away, but so far, I just love it. I’ll post pictures as soon as I can get some nice ones taken.

Next happy thing is that I lost .8 pounds this week! I didn't think that I lost any, but was pleasantly surprised that I’d dropped almost a pound at my Weight Watchers weigh in! Only 20 more to go. Ha! It's taking forever! Maybe that means it will stay off.

And lastly ~ I’m going to be PUBBED in Memory Makers magazine! I’m beyond thrilled! Joscie and I were emailing back and forth that we both submitted pages to their baby call. Then, she got an email that they were picking up 2 of her layouts, and she asked if I had heard anything. I hadn’t. I figured that they were done making their calls, and I’d try again next time. About a week later, I decide to go thru my 300+ junk emails. I was getting ready to just delete all, when I decided to read thru them real quick... and there it was! An email from Memory Makers asking for my layout. It was so awesome! I had to hurry to get my page out, seeing that I unknowingly sat on the email for a week. It will be in the May/June 2009 issue!!

Friday was an awesome shopping day! No Sassafras Lass or Maya Road, but, I did get some October Afternoon stuff. Very cute. Also, a new album, 3 ring binder type. Lots of other papers and embellies. One of my favorites was the little crocheted flowers from MME Laundry List. Really cute.

Here’s another Christmas layout from Scrap N’ Supply Shacks December kit. They are still looking for a design team for the card kit. If you are interested, check here.




I love these little ornaments. They are all unwrapped and on our tree. I’d like to add to the collection, but they’re really hard to find.

ETA: Just thought of one more “happy” thing. My hubby is the featured illustrator of the month on iStock! :) Check him out here.

That’s it for now. Have a great day!!

13 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hello there,
I love this LO please consider granting permission for me to feature it on my scrapping blog, with credit to you and a link to your blog? You can email me eyeore@telkomsa.net

Kim Watson said...

Hi there Chris...great to see you popped onto my blog! Thanks for your comment.
I see you also are also going to be in the April/May MM issue...yipee!! me too!
Great news for all x3 of us hey!! It is a good thing you checked your junk mail...yowzer!

A very big congrats!!

Great news about your new scrap room...you are so going to enjoy having your own scrap space :o)

Christie said...

Wow Chris! You are having a FANTASTIC Monday!!! Congrats on everything. I can always say I knew you before you were a famous scrapper! ;D

Marfa said...

Yippee for you!!!
What a sweet layout!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so excited for you!! I will have to find that Magazine once it comes out!!
I love your new LO!! It makes me want to scrap xmassy stuff. :)

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh wow, how exciting! congratulations on the pub, and the new scraproom!! Love that page too!

sssalad said...

Congratulations on being published!!! how exciting! I will be sure to watch for it next spring! Oh - and so happy you have your own space now! I can't wait to see pictures.

Rachel said...

That is such awesome news about getting PUBBED!!! Congrats :)

ScRaPbOoKfReNzY said...

Congrats on being pubbed! How awesome! Love the favorite things LO! The details are great! What's the backround paper (the one with the red swirls)? I love it! Oh, we need pics of your scraproom! Can't wait to see! I'm sure it's fab, especially since it's pink!

shelley said...

Congratulation on your publication! What wonderful news!!

aworld said...

Hi Chris....CONGRATS on getting pubbed. That is always so exciting!
I had to tell you I about flipped when I saw the LO of the ornaments. I have the very ornament in the top left corner. I call it a snowman. I have had it for YEARS. My parents had it on their tree when they lived in London a LONG time ago.

Pamela said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I also submitted for the MM baby call and got an email. :) And I love the LO!

Pamela said...

Left you an award on my blog. :)