Friday, December 5, 2008

More Kit Stuff

I'm so excited! In a few hours, I'll be at the Scrapbook Super Station... it is huge. I love that store! They have everything! I "need" some Maya Road stuff... and, they have Pink Paislee. I'm just crossing my fingers that they'll have Sassafras Lass, then I'll be set! I'm meeting my friend Karen there at 10, and we've allotted 2 hours for shopping, then lunch. We weren't sure if 2 hours will be enough, so we didn't want to make lunch reservations. Shopping for scrap supplies is way more important than eating!

Here's my layout with my mom, my brother and I.... Christmas 1972... man I'm old!


You can click to enlarge if you want to read the journaling. Everything is from the Scrap N Supply Shack kit, except the epoxy word stickers. Those are from Making Memories FaLaLa line. It's a bit of a scrap lift from a Jenn Olson LO. I flip-flopped stuff and added things, tho.

Here is my version of a button tree. I punched out 2 sets of circles, one inch and one and 1/2 inch. I need to paint my pot yet... but the tree is complete. I thought I'd use up paper from this old Christmas stack.... well, I didn't even put a dent in the stack, so you could make a tree like this with a few sheets of paper, or even scraps. I used scraps from last years cards that were in the stack.


I used traditional colors. Red, green and white buttons, and white pearl pins.

That's it for now. I'm off to do some serious shopping!!

9 comments:

Jingle said...

This layout is really pretty and I am just in LOVE with your trees! So adorable!

obxpatti said...

beautiful LO! 1972..boy I'm old too, LOL...Love the colors of the LO along with the B&W photos. It looks perfect. I'm with Jingle...love your tree, too!

Christie said...

Have fun shopping!!! Love your layout. And your tree is adorable!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh what a wonderul post!
have a great day shopping! how absolutely fun!
i love your new layout snad your tree is wonderful!
xo
melissa

Harley Dee said...

Love your layout Chris. Those shiny red letters are great :)

And your button tree is so cute!! :)

Debbie Gaydos said...

That page is so cute, but MAN am I jealous of you for getting to go to SSS! I was there a couple of months ago... I think my friend and I spent about 3 hours shopping! LOL! I hope you had FUN!

Heather Prins said...

that layout is awesome!

Pamela said...

Great stuff! I love it!

pepper spray said...

Nice creativity....I loved the colors used in this art.The button tree is great!!!