Monday, December 29, 2008

Title Goes Here

My brain has turned into mush after all this relaxing! I can't think of a title. I had a great Christmas... it was so nice to visit with my family. We all got new Pjs, and put them on after mass on Christmas Eve:
Photobucket

Here's a picture of the Creche that I have in an alcove above my fireplace:
Photobucket

We have a large collection of Christmas snow globes... I like to buy ones that don't look traditional, like this snowman:
Photobucket

I took tons of pictures... I {heart} my camera!! My favorite Christmas present. The more I play with it, the more I learn.

I'm sure you are tired of Christmas, but for me, we still celebrate it until after New Years, we don't take the tree down. I also don't put it up right after Thanksgiving, so, I'm not tired of it yet. I have friends/clients coming over tomorrow, Dian & Bob, they've never been to our new house, so they'll want to see the tree. We've known them for years. Matt worked with Dian at American Thermoplastic for 13 years. Then, Dian left for Dominion People's Gas, and now, Dominion is one of our clients. They moved to Richmond (actually Midlothian) Virginia. Bob is a professional photographer, who took our wedding pictures. He's also taken wedding pictures for local celebrities and newscasters. He's awesome...and old school, still using film. Anyhoo, they're coming over tomorrow, and he wants to do a family portrait of us. I don't know if I'm happy or not about that... it's all the what to wear, and will my hair turn out.

Anyway, 2 exciting things today, one is I have a digi layout featured on Gallery Standouts. That was quite a surprise. Here's the link.

I also received this award from Pamela & Rachel:

I get to pass it on. Here are the rules:
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Provide links to their blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.

Here are the blogs I'm going to nominate:

1. Heather Prins, because she's such an inspiration to me, does lovely work AND she scraps a layout every single day. Her family is adorable to boot!

2. Martha "Scrumptious", because not only does she do fantastic work, but I admire her faith and her overall philosphy (if you will) of life.

3. Drea, because this girl has moxie! She is a delight, and such fun... and a kick ass scrapper! Oh, she's a judge, too!

4. Debbie Gaydos, she is practically my neighbor... we totally need to hook up. I met her on 2Ps, and got to know her thru our blogs. She does awesome layouts of her 2 boys, and has been pubbed lots of times!! Go check her out, she's a gem!

5. Kim Watson, I know Joscie already gave Kim this award, but, she's my new found bloggy buddy, and I totally love her scrap style. She was just in the January issue of Creating Keepsakes. She lives in Capetown South Africa, too... how cool is that?

I feel really blessed to have "met" so many people thru this blog and scrapbooking. There's a whole big wide world out there, and this internet thing is bringing us all together.

Well, I'm going to continue to celebrate my holiday. I do have to work a bit today, that is, if I can get my brain to function, but, my kids are still home for the entire week, so I'm going to do the bare minimum of work, and enjoy my time with them.

XOXO,
Chrispea

9 comments:

Christie said...

Congrats on having a featured layout! I've never seen that site before. Enjoy the rest of your holiday week. We don't take our tree down until after the 1st too.

angie worthington said...

love that snowman snow globe...it is so unique!...

congrats on your featured layout!!!...you know i think you are amazing :)...can't wait to see how your family pics turn out!...

Drea said...

First off..........thanks for the award.

Second......I NEVER get tired of Christmas. We leave our tree up til the 2nd.

Third.....Can't wait to see your family pictures!

Heather Prins said...

Hey you! Thanks for nominating me, that is seriously so sweet!! I am taking a blogging break til the new year (I am just surfing, not posting) so I will do it then, ok? Congrats on the feature!

Marfa said...

You 4 look great!!! It looks like you're totally loving that camera!
I always enjoy your blog. Thanks for picking me along with all those other cool chicks! You're too sweet. XO

Rachel said...

I love you and your cute family in those Christmas pj's :)

Also, I grew up in Midlothian, VA. Funny to see you mention it on here!

Kim Watson said...

Hey you! Thanks so much for the bloggy award...you are so sweet to think of little 'ole me. MwahX

A big congrats on your page being featured...they obviously know a good thing when they see it :o)

Talking about a good thing...you & your little family look adorable in your PJ's, I can't wait to see what others you & your camera took over Christmas.
You know it is so weird hearing you talking about your hubbies clients...photographers etc. It is like a page out of my life too....my bloke also has a graphic design company. Small world hey???

Well I hope you have a super day...I am hoping to blog a bit later..my Mom is out with us for my Grandpa's funeral so life has a bit crazy.
Chat soon.
KJ

Kristin said...

Congrats on the camera! I'm so excited I can't stand it. I am still waiting on my lens so I have a "naked" body just taunting me to play with it.
Looks like you are getting the hang of your camera, I really don't have a clue yet what to do with mine, lol. I'm sure I will be asking you for tips!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Hey girl, thanks SO MUCH for the award! I'm honored! :) I will be passing it on soon, just need to finish my post.

I LOVE your Christmas pics! You are doing a great job with that camera. You guys all look so cute in your pj's.

I REALLY hope you'll give some thought to the Allyscraps DT call! It's a great site to design for! :)