Monday, February 23, 2009

FREE ~ $10 AllyScraps Gift Certificate

I thought that would get your attention!! You can receive a $10 AllyScraps Gift Certificate just for joining and chatting. Yes!! You read that right, just for chatting! We are having a membership drive at the Allyscraps Forum! Just come register on the forum, and then sign in on the Membership Drive check-in thread. That is all you have to do to get started. Post 50 posts on the message board over the next 4 weeks, and we’ll send you a $10 AllyScraps gift certificate as a big HELLO!

What could be easier? The counting starts now, but you can join any time between now and March 23. We’ve got challenges, games, inspiration and you might even make a friend or two (and you get paid to do it)! We hope that after you join us, you'll want to hang out with us. No matter what, your gift certificate is yours to keep.

I hope to “see” you over on the Allyscraps Forum!

Remember I said I had some yummy Websters Pages paper on my desk waiting to be scrapped? Well, I finished up my layout, and I just love how it turned out.

I used 2 sheets of Websters Pages, some Prima Flowers, K& Co. Amy Butler Lotus Tea Box Die-Cut Cardstock Ephemera and some Glossy Accents. I have to tell you that I love that stuff. I've never used Glossy Accents before, but I just love it!! I dotted the spots on the wings of the butterfly with it. The Glossy Accents added shine and dimension, it’s awesome. I also added a few drops on the flowers and it looks like rain drops on the petals. Very cool. (it’s the little things that just tickle me!)

This is a photo of my mom when she was 2 or 3, placing this photo around 1949.
Betty LO

A couple of close ups, I don't know if you can see the Glossy Accents in the photo or not.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think you should be able to see the “drops” in this last shot.

That’s it for now. Blog ya later!

8 comments:

ScRaPbOoKfReNzY said...

What a b-e-a-utiful LO! I love the pink, flowers, vintageness, and the papers you used! Great job!

Elizabeth said...

I love that LO!! It's so lovely. Those are pretty flowers....were they the ones you got at Mike's??

Drea said...

I am sooo lovin all the Amy Butler on this layout!

Great job!

inara said...

That layout is so pretty! I love it! It is romantic, and vintage-y, and nostalgic, and all that good shabby-chic stuff!!!!! Yay!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Gorgeous! Glad that the glossy accents is working out for you! It looks great!

Jocelyn said...

This LO is stunning!~!! Love all the detail work and the dew drops on the flowers is awesome!!!! Just adore your work and thanks for the well wishes on my Blog!! I am off to check out the site!!! Have a Terrific Tuesday!!

Beth Perry said...

Giiiirrrrlll, that is absolutely beautiful! There is so much gorgeous detail. I can't even pick a favorite part out. I love the flowers and the butterfly. I love the "raindrops" (I am going to have to try that :D)
And I LOVE LOVE old photos. I have been starting to scrap ones of myself when I was little. I just love the shape and the look of old photos!
What a beautiful, amazing page!
B

OH!! And thank you for wishing me luck on my wisdom teeth. I am ready for it to be over with, though! lol

Kim Watson said...

Woohoo! for getting onto the Ally Scraps team...that is such great news!! By your latest pages I can see why the chose you...cos they are gorgeous!!
Well done!!!
X