Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Favorites & A Sketch Layout

There was a thread this morning on one of the message boards I frequent about not seeing anything good this time around for the winter CHA releases... I beg to differ. I just love a lot of what I see! Sometimes, I wish I had a scrapbook store, just so I could house all this paper. Even if I didn't use it, I could look at it, touch it.... yeah, you know what I’m talking about.

Wake up and smell the paper girls! There is some BEAUTIFUL scrap goodies to behold!!

Let me just show you this Pebbles Inc line called “So Tweet”...

Tell me those little birds aren’t the cutest?? I just ordered some from Ally Scraps. I can’t wait to get my order in my hands so I can play with it! This line screams spring to me.

You don’t like whimsical birdies? Well, then maybe something more classic is your style... how about this? This company is new to me. Just read about it in CK. They’re called GCD Studios. They have some elegant paper lines. This sheet is from their Paris Nights line... would be great in my “Pink & Black Parisian” style scrap room!!

Those are my 2 Friday picks today. I have no idea where to get the GCD Studios paper, but they have a lot of stuff to chose from.

I also wanted to share my second layout for my DT submission. For this layout, we had to do a layout based on a sketch that Debbie Gaydos provided.

Here’s the sketch:


And, here's my layout. I used the DCWV Greenstack. It's just so fun!!
letterboxing 1

And, a closeup... I used foam dots on the owl.
letterboxing 2

The bottom photo in my layout is of the letter box that we found. It’s really fun to go letterboxing. If you haven’t ever heard of it, look here for info.

(All of Debbie’s fabulous sketches are in the Ally Scraps Gallery or on the Ally Scraps blog, so if you need a kick start for a layout idea, jump on over.)

Speaking of the Ally Scraps blog... being on the design team I am required to post on the blog every so often. My first blog post will be March 3. So, check back on Tuesday!!

My last 2 layouts are like polar opposites of each other. I always feel like I don’t have a “style”. Now, whether that’s good or bad, I don’t know. I know it’s been good in my graphic design career, because every client is different, and I am able to adapt to their style. FedEx doesn’t want their driving manual to have flowery things on it, but, the ad for the baby wing in the hospital needs some cuteness. I’m a chameleon of scrapbooking, eclectic, adaptable. I like to try different things. I guess that’s why I have such a varied taste in paper. I love them all!!

Have a great weekend! Happy Scrapping!!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Cute LO! We love letterboxing too! And I agree there is some really gorgeous new lines out right now!

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

looks great!
yes there IS way nice stuff out there!

ScRaPbOoKfReNzY said...

Great LO! Love that green stack. You are a very versatile scrapper. There are a lot of really cute products, just not as many that I find I can't live without. I do think for me, that not looking as much at all the new stuff has helped a lot.

Elizabeth said...

I love what you did with that sketch. It's super cute. I think I might have to get that green stack. :)

Shelley Haganman said...

I love your page! I bought that DCWV slab and just LOVE those papers! I agree with you that there are plenty of cute and fun things available. As much as I love "new" stuff I just can't keep up with it all and I don't know how the companies can!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that Pebbles Inc line! It's super-cute, I know you'll rock it. Love your sketch page too, what a great job. :)

Karlyn said...

hmmm...i wasn't sold on that pebbles line but i'm thinking i need to go put it in my cart!

Drea said...

What a fun sketch and I love what you did with it.

Wow!!

Carla Rae said...

That letterboxing is cool...it's like geocaching but more fun and interactive I would think, I will definately be checking that out when the warmer weather comes.

laverneboese said...

love the layout. that owl is too frickin cute. Hey, congrats on winning the Scrap Review's first contest!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!