Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!!

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today.... it's official 6 more weeks of winter. LOL! Darn groundhog! ;)

We had quite a scare on Thursday with Matt's dad. He went to the ER and they discovered he has congestive heart failure. It's not good, but it does sound way worse than it is.... what I mean is, people can live a long, long time with it. It is a condition in which the heart can't pump enough blood to the body's other organs. His feet were swelling and his stomach. He had a lot of fluid. I'm glad that his wife Barbara insisted that he go to the ER. He didn't want to, he knew they'd make him stay, and he didn't want to miss the Superbowl.

We went to see him on Saturday. He looked pretty good. They let him out on Sunday, and he was able to enjoy the Superbowl at home. What can I say, Pittsburgh Steeler fans are a bit fanatical! Willing to risk life and limb to see them play!

And what a nailbiter it was! Here are my boys.... they both look so nervous.
Feb 2 sm

It was a fun game. So glad that the Steelers won, 'cause I have a happy hubby, and that's all that matters in my house! LOL!!

I managed to do a layout and also this mini accordion album. My friend Theresa has 6 girls. Yes, 6 girls. They are 11, 9, 7, 3 and 1 year old twins! They're all so cute. I thought she could put this on her desk while she homeschools them all!

I took my camera up and took lots of pictures of her kids. It was fun. I just LOVE the babies. So cute. They're at the fun stage, starting to walk, getting into everything... did I say fun stage? LOL!

Close up of the cover:
MyGirls cov cu sm

Front side shot. I left a blank journaling card so she could write some things on it:
MyGirls frontside sm

The inside with all her adorable girls:
MyGirls inside sm

A close up of the babies:
MyGirls cu2 sm

And, here's a closeup of the ticket.
MyGirls cu1 sm

That's it for now.

I need to work on my Project 365 album. If I do these last 2 weeks, I'll be caught up. I can't believe I've stuck with it this long!

Have a great week!! Blog ya later!

8 comments:

Christie said...

Cute album! What a great friend you are to make that for her! And I disagree with the groundhog. I'm going to have an early spring!

Cindy said...

Love the Mini. Go Steelers. It was a great game. Pray hard for Spring!

Jingle said...

You know I love critters, but at the moment I am not speaking to any groundhogs. I am not a happy camper. I do ADORE your mini, though!!!! Maybe you should make me one to perk me up! LOL! TOTALLY KIDDING!

Brooke said...

Love the mini album. choc brown and pink YUM. Love that photo from during the game.

Kristin said...

Congrats on the catalog! It looks great! Also what a fantastic idea for 365.

sssalad said...

I love the mini album - so cute. And those girls are adorable. You took some great pics with your new camera! I have the same camera and love it!

Kim said...

Gulp! 6 girls....I don't even know your friend & she has just become my newest Mommy hero. Wow! I have one boy & I seriously have my 'I'm not coping moments' I'm pathetic...hahaha!

BTW your project is adorable...she is going to LOVE it!

Marfa said...

Here girls are beautiful...this turned out awesome! Thanks for sharing!