Saturday, February 21, 2009

IRL Meeting & What A Find!!

Yesterday, I got to meet Debbie Gaydos!! Debbie is a fellow Ally Scraps DT member and only lives about 40 minutes away from me. We met at Panera Bread and chatted over some frothy beverages and bakery goodies. While there, a friend of mine who just happened to be there, snapped a photo of us. After that we headed out to a local LSS, since it's been a while since Deb was out this way. (Hi Midori!)

Here we are at Panera. I had such a fun time yesterday with Debbie, hope we can do it again soon!!
Feb20

This morning I stopped at Marshalls to look for ledge type shelves for my scraproom. I didn't find any shelves, but I did find this sweet wire dress form! I walked by it... tried to resist "her" allure, but she kept calling my name, and I just had to take her home.

I promptly put her in my scraproom and dressed her up in my ribbons. Doesn't she look purdy?
Feb21

Here's another shot of my scrap room... it's not finished yet, but, it's getting there. I love my little oasis.
Scraproom

I put up the chandelier today. I'm not sure about that circa 1970's sewing machine... but that will have to do for now. I'd love a new souped up model that doesn't weigh 100 pounds!

As you can see, there's a project sitting on my desk, some Webster's paper and a vintage photo of my mama. It's scrappin' time.

Have a scrappy weekend!!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats on the DT gig! Sounds like a lot of fun! I love your scraproom and new purchase. Have fun!

angie worthington said...

love your new find!!!...how cool to meet IRL...

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

very cool an IRL lunch with a friend!
nice ribbon holder (wink) absolutely neccesary!!!
the room looks awesome too!

Beth Perry said...

oooo I love that wire dress form! So cool! :P
B

Christie said...

I love the dress form! I see a trip to Marshalls in my future. I have been wanting one of those forever!

Debbie Gaydos said...

I had so much fun meeting you! Can't wait to get together again sometime!

The dress form is TOO cute, what a great find and it looks perfect in your space!

Jocelyn said...

I am new to your Blog and I just adore your scraproom and the new find is awesome. I have a small one that my hubby purchased for me and she is just sitting in the scraproom, so I am going in to add ribbon!!!! That is so wonderful to meet IRL!!!! Stop by and say HI~~~

Whippet said...

Enjoy the dress form - your room looks great:-)

Midori said...

Hi - love the vintage look of your scraproom.

Em said...

Wow your scraproom is gorgeous. I love the dress form too....hmmmm, where can I fit one of those?? LOL

Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog :)