Monday, February 16, 2009

A Layout & A Recipe

First the layout. This is from when Elizabeth and I went to the Scrapbook Superstation in Butler and met "IRL" (in real life). I used some of the product from that shopping spree on the layout. The Oct. Afternoon journaling card, the new MM green paper, the ribbon is BG I think.
IRL small

A couple of close ups:


Oct. Afternoon journaling card. I can't remember the brand of the tags. They were on a big roll.


The stuff in this corner is a mish mash of product. I used some bling, the black square button is from Making Memories Halloween line... but the words on it don't say anything about Halloween so I used it. The crocheted flower is from Imaginese, I believe... the ruler is from K&Co, it came in a little box of vinatagy tags and such, the big brad, actually both brads, are from Making Memories.

I had fun with that layout.

Oh, the journaling says:
It was such fun to meet Elizabeth "in real life". We had a really fun time and spent lots of money at the Butler scrapbook superstation.

THE RECIPE
for the Heart Spritz cookies from the last post.

I used a spritz cookie press to make these. I have 2 presses. One is battery operated, and one is a Pampered Chef one with a trigger. I prefer the latter.

Spritz Cookies

1 cup of margarine or butter, softened
1/2 cup of sugar
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of almond extract of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 egg

Heat oven to 400°. Mix margarine and sugar. Stir in remaining ingredients. Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes, until set, but not brown. Makes about 5 dozen. 50 calories each.

Yep, I wasn't lying! Only 50 calories. I sprinkled the red sugar on before baking. Also, use a really old gritty cookie sheet. The cookies do not stick to the smooth teflon cookie sheets, and you'll have a hard time getting them out of the press. I also tried using parchment, but, the cookies wouldn't stick to that, so the older & grittier of a sheet you have, the better.

Enjoy! Have a great day!

9 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute LO. I love the "IRL" letters.

Elizabeth said...

I love it!! You did a great job with that picture. :) I can't wait until we go again. :)

Brooke said...

great LO, and I love spritz cookies..YUM

Rachel said...

Love that! Especially the frame you made around the photo!

laverneboese said...

I've loved catching up on your blog. Those cookies are seriously making me hungry...I can't bake at all. I'm more of a cookie buyer versus baker, heehee. I love that mini accordian your made...totally gorgeous!

Kristin said...

I love all of the little details on this LO. Your color combo rocks!

Kim Watson said...

Hey Chris....great page, I like the little bunches of elements. Aren't October Afternoons papers just FABTASTIC!!! I ordered a whole bunch from 'a cherry on top' the other day :o) I can't wait for them to arrive.

Thanks for the recipe...I am ALWAYS on the look out for low fat recipes...I am definitely going to try them.
Have a super day!!
x

Beth Perry said...

Awesome layout!

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for stopping by my BLOG and I just adore your!!! Wow, you rocked that LO. I love all the detail work, that is my favorite when your eyes search the page for all the little things!!! Let's keep in touch!!! I am adding you to my faves~~~