Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MEOW ~ I'm an Ally Cat!

I'm so excited and honored to have been chosen to join the Ally Scraps design team! The competition was fierce! Honestly, the 6 finalists were all so very talented. We had to make a layout using a kit that was sent to us. AND we had to use ALL of the stuff that was sent. We were allowed to use 2 things of our own, plus an alpha, I added rub-ons and bling brads.

Here's what I came up with.... and what I was cutting the other day. I cut the bracket edge using my Silhouette. I also used it to cut out the people, and the scalloped edge.

I really loved this paper with the people. It's Kelly Panacci paper (pssst...you can get it at the Ally Scraps store!!)

ally scraps layout

Here's a close up:
closeup

What's nice about this design team, is that it's not a kit club. I will do a layout a week to promote the new products. And I'm so excited because Cathy, the owner, is getting a bunch of CHA stuff in.... oooo, I just love fresh scrapbook stuff!!

The other new design team member is Raechelle Bellus. Congrats Rae!! We will be joining veteran DT members Debbie Gaydos, Morag Cutts and DT Leader Dana DiGennaro.

If you are in need of a challenge, check out the Ally Scraps message board. There is a shaped paper challenge that is going on, and you could win $10 towards a store purchase. How cool is that!! Just check under "Cat Fights", that's where all the challenges are.

That's it for now. Blog ya later!

18 comments:

Jingle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting!!! I hope we won't loose you completely, though!!! I am so excited for you! I need to do a store DT, but I am too afraid to try! LOL!

Harley Dee said...

Congrats!! That's so cool :D

Erica Hettwer said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! I can't wait to see the new stuff you get and what you make with it!!! :D

ScRaPbOoKfReNzY said...

Congrats! How awesome! Can't wait to see all of your creations!

Shelley Haganman said...

Congratulations to you!!! Way to go!

Christie said...

Congrats Chris! That is awesome! They are very lucky to have you. :D

PattiM said...

Whoooooooooooooo Hoooooooooo!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!

sssalad said...

Congratulations! That sounds like so much fun - and that LO is gorgeous!

angie worthington said...

CONGRATS!!!!...that is awesome news!!!...LOVE the layout!!!...

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

WOohoo!!!
wtg girl!
great LO!

joscelyne cutchens said...

congrats to you! What a great layout! :) Those peeps are cute!

Elizabeth said...

Yey...congrats!!! I'm so excited for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chris! This will be perfect for you! I told you this opportunity would come along!

Michelle (shelle's 2 girls)

Debbie Gaydos said...

WOOHOO, I'm so happy for you and especially happy for US to have you on the team! :) It's well deserved and it's going to be so fun working with you!

laverneboese said...

woohooo!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to see more fabulous layouts from you :)

Amy said...

congrats - you're so creative - can't wait to see your new ideas :)

Midori Vasquez said...

Congrats on making the design team. It was really nice meeting you at Art-Tech today. Enjoy all the great new Pink Paisley that you picked up.

Drea said...

Girl! You Rock! This is just GORGEOUS!

Missing you!!

HUGS,

Drea