Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Favorites & Digi Layout

Found some more favorites!! I was doing some blog surfing the other day and discovered these cute vintage tags from 7 Gypsies...
I have a stamp really similar to that bird... I'm thinking I could recreate these tags with some stamps.

And these Jenni Bowlin chipboard buttons... I just love these! Ally Scraps just got them in stock, too. Wish I would have seen these before I placed my order the other day. I hope there is some left so I can get them next time.

And, one last favorite thing... these flowers from Pink Paislee... I'm thinking I could make something like these, too.
Maybe even tea stain the paper and crinkle it up a bit, to get that look.... or, how about using an old dress pattern? that would be cool. After you assemble it, you could stiffen the tissue paper with gesso, or layer the tissue together with gesso, to get a thicker strip, then assemble your flower... hmmmm, I might try that!

And, here's a digi layout I did the other day. I used the 365 kit designed by Crystal Wilkerson. Such a fun kit for tweens!!


One last little (OK, pretty big for us!!) thing, check this out... my hubby has an illustration on the NPR website!! How cool is that? His drawing is the little lamb there with the speak bubble.... cute!! I'm so proud of him!!

It's finally warming up here!! I love it. Tomorrow 70°!! Wow! That's warmer than we keep our house! LOL!

Have a great weekend!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris! That's so exciting for Matt! Congrats to him! You have some great finds on your blog today!

Michelle

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

OMG I LOVE those tags & the buttons...uuummm yep I NEED them LOL!
Lovin the LO too...it screams "teen" :) great job!

Amy said...

cute stuff! i love the new jenni bowlin stuff, too. those prima flowers are adorable. you could probably do something similar with fabric, too.

PattiM said...

Hey Chris,

Tell your DH, WHooooo Hooooo! Congratulations!!

I love your LO. That title would fit my DD when she was that age too. Love the colors and pp in that kit too. I like the strip flowers. Could make with material and pinking sheers too. Cute. And the chipboard buttons I adore. Coming in a kit I get and I can't wait! The tags are cute. Been going to make some too, saw Tim Holtz's and figured with all the stamps I have I should be able to create something.

And I seriously need to stay away from your blog when your posting all these favorites. Now I want them all!!! Hee Heeee! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!

Pamela said...

Love that LO! And you are so right about being able to make flowers like those from PP (which I love BTW).

Shelley Haganman said...

I love your digital layout! Cute and colorful! I too love those JB chipboard buttons!! I finally broke down and got some!

sssalad said...

Just wanted to tell you I love your blog banner! SO springy!

obxpatti said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats to Matt! That is great!
Every time I see pictures of your daughter I think how grown she looks. How do you stand it???
Love those flowers, too. I might have to try to make some myself. Thanks for the idea!

Samantha said...

I love a blog post with eye candy! Those are some great digi kits. Please tell your hubby WOO-HOO for me! Congrats to both of you :)