Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day to ya!

I spent the better part of my morning finding my Irish roots... yep, my grandma's maiden name is Shawley... I have come to find that her father's name was Frank Shawley born 1887 and died 1934. He was married to Martha Geary (Geary is also Irish), who was born 1889 and died in 1976. Now, I actually met my great-grandmother... my grandmother would take me to her house when I was wee little. I also remember going to her funeral. Frank Shawley's father was William, and that's where I get stuck. I have to pay ancestry.com for more info, but my uncle has a book, so I'll just ask him.
So, I'm a wee bit Irish!! More so today! ;)

I got my Pebbles, Inc. paper order from Ally Scraps, and I have to say, I'm really happy with it. I've never had any Pebbles, Inc. paper before. It's just as bright and vibrant in person as what I showed the other day in my Friday Favorites. I still have the birdies left to play with, but I used the more tradional patterns from the So Tweet line to make my layout. The floral So Tute Pattern, Together striped pattern, and the green Chirp pattern. The So Tweet brown flower sticker. Title font is Doodle Bug Loopy Letters in Lady Bug. Chipboard swirl and felt flowers from my stash.
individuality

My photo really doesn't do the rich colors justice. I recently used these photos of Em in a digi layout, but, I never, well hardly ever, print out my digi layouts.

Hope you all have a great day and a great week!

A little Irish toast for you:
May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow,
and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great LO!!

My Nana has research her family all the way back to Ireland. I need to get a copy of it, because I don't want to pay ancestry.com either. :)

Kristin said...

How did you print the journaling on this LO? Is that your handwriting?