Monday, March 23, 2009

Wild, Wacky Weekend and a Layout

I am super tired after working Friday, Saturday & Sunday at the Crop Around the Clock. I was helping with the make and takes. It was my first time, so I got to do something "easy". It was fun, and I met a lot of wonderful ladies.

I want to share this set up of a table.... these ladies really went all out. I wish I would have gotten their names. I'm sure I'll be seeing them again in November! They all wore crowns that actually lit up! That was the WACKY part! LOL!
Mar.21

Here's a shot of the crop. The back area on the stage was where the store was set up. I've never gone to a crop like this. This was fantastic! They really do it up nice. They feed you, you get a nice room, they will shuttle you down to their store... really, really nice.
crop

I was AMAZED at how much stuff people brought to the crop. Seriously! Some people brought more stuff than I think I have in my entire scrap room! I mean, look at the photo above and those cropper hoppers... ummm, I only have 1 cropper hopper full of card stock and this lady brought 7!!! Now that's WILD!

If you live in the Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio or North Western West Virginia area, you might want to consider going. Check out their link: Crop Around the Clock.

One of the perks for working was that I brought the hubs & kids to eat dinner with me on Saturday night. My dinner was provided, and I paid for them. OMGosh! The food was delish, and I totally blew my WW diet. I ate chicken parm, baked ziti, veggie lasagna, bread sticks and a brownie!! I'm sure I blew my daily points! Oh well, gotta do that once in a while. After dinner, Matt took the kids for a swim in the pool while I did the last make and take for Saturday. At 10 pm, they had a sundae bar... yeah, I made a big ol' sundae with a banana and everything! YUM... well, if I hadn't blown my points earlier, I sure did after the sundae. I did share my sundae with Matt though!

Ethan lost his glasses somewhere in the pool area... after Matt, Emma and Ethan looked several times, I suggested one more sweep of the area, and woo-hoo, they found his glasses about 7 chairs over. Someone must have kicked them and they slide across the floor. I'm super happy that we don't have to buy new glasses yet, seeing that his are only 6 months old.

While working the crop, I was itching to scrap!! But, there was no time. I did do this layout last week though. I pulled out some SEI paper that I ordered from Ally Scraps, it's from the Love Bird Collection.
child wonder

Here's a close up of the tiny little flower rubons. I cut the swirl out on the silhouette.
child wonder cu

Next week at Ally Scraps, it's my turn to post a challenge. I have it all ready to go! It's a good one. If you are up for a challenge, or, if you are lacking some mojo lately, you might want to check out our challenges. Each challenge you do enters you for a chance to win a gift certificate to the Ally Scraps store. So, give it a whirl! You can find the Ally Scraps Challenges on the message board under Cat Fights! What have you got to lose???

Have a great week!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

That crop looks insane! Sounds like you had a blast. I love the swirls mixed with the rub ons in this LO, it's a nice touch!

angie worthington said...

WOW, that looks like one heck of a crop!!!....i am sure you had an awesome time!!!...

love the layout & those rub-ons are just too cute!!!...

Jingle said...

That looks amazing! And...I have good news! You didn't 'blow your diet' because you are with WW! It's not a diet! You just treated yourself and you can do that and SHOULD do that now and then! It's good for you! I'm glad you had a great time!

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

holy crop!!!
awesome
great lo too!

Shelley Haganman said...

Very pretty layout! What a crop!! Wow!!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a fun crop! I'm glad you all had a fabulous weekend. :)

Pamela said...

Great pictures of the crop...love that table set-up. Looks like fun! And your layout is great too! :)

Debbie said...

Christine looks like a great time! Congrats on the DT gig! I'm really happy for you!

ScRaPbOoKfReNzY said...

Wow! That's some kinda crop! I can't believe all the stuff ppl packed up to bring! Love your LO!

Midori Vasquez said...

Thanks for posting such a nice blog about our crop. Looking forward to the August and November crops.