Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Favorite & a Fun Find (plus a card)

Fun Find....
We have a little "junk" store as my husband calls it, here in town. I love looking thru the stuff, but, he doesn't have the patience. Well, the other day, after going to the post office, I talked him into checking out the junk store. They had these cool old milk carriers. So, I got one! It's a great size for packages and it has 4 compartments. I think it will look cool in my scraproom.
milk basket

Incidentally, we found the chair at the same "junk" store... 2 of them as a matter of fact. I painted them black and they sit on my front porch.

Friday Favorite...

Here's what I found today, and it's not even out yet, but I can't wait... it's sooooo cute. It's the new Cosmo Cricket, and I really, really hope that Ally Scraps has it on order, that would be cool.
cosmo early bird

cosmo eb

I'm lovin' that little toaster!! More stuff on the Cosmo Cricket site.

Ethan had a birthday sleep over, so I made his buddy a card. I used some of the left over Bo Bunny Grease Monkey paper I had used on the layout from yesterday. I actually like how the card turned out better than the layout.... I still think that layout needs something.

gear up card

Close up:
gearup cu

And, the inside, because no one ever shows you what they put on the inside, and I always wonder...
gear up inside

Have a great weekend. I'm off to get some sushi.... mmmmm.

7 comments:

Jingle said...

I am a big fan of milk carriers! I have one with glass milk bottles on my breakfast bar. I am in LOVE with that new CC line!!! It is just fabulous and I so wish I could go buy it all! LOL! Your card is really cute! Very fun colors!

okanogangirl said...

That is a sweet find. I'm a little jealous....

Amy said...

i'm loving that new early bird line, too. i was going to blog about it this weekend but haven't gotten around to it. SOOOOO cute ~ i wish i could have it all, too :)

Kristin said...

I love the early bird line too! And I think your junk looks great!

Samantha said...

Me likey the milk carrier! Look at all the fun stuff it holds. Your "junk" store sounds like a little treasure trove to me!

Elizabeth said...

ooo that is a great find. Just imagine how many thickers you could stick in there. :)

Love the card!!

Carla Rae said...

Cute "junk", and they have purpose! So they are not junk...LOL, I like those papers too, like anything from CC, very cute card!