Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

It's still officially Mother's Day... at least here on the east coast, we have 15 more minutes. Hope all you mommies out there had a wonderful day. I had a pretty nice day. Ethan gave me some little herb plants and a cute hat card. Emma made me a flower from tissue paper and a poem. I got a card and flowers from Matt (and the early present of the Pixie sewing machine). We also went to the Grand Concourse in Pittsburgh to eat with the inlaws. Beautiful place. Great food, albeit a bit early for me to eat... I'm not a breakfast eating kind of person, just give me coffee. The only reservation was at 9:45 am. (yeah, a tad early!!)

Poor Ethan got sick on the way, and we had to pull over on the Pennsylvania turnpike. We called the grandparents, to let them know... it's kind of hard to turn around to go home when you're on the turnpike, so we waited to see how he was doing once we got to the exit. He seemed better, so we went ahead to the restaurant. He managed to eat a fair amount. He also spiked a fever, but once we were at Matt's dad's house, I gave him some Advil and he felt better. I think he'll be staying home from school tomorrow.

Here are my 2 babies! They made me a mommy! Sweet kids. Wouldn't trade 'em for the world!!
Photobucket

This was my layout challenge for the Ally Scraps crop. It was the Interpretive Design Challenge. I hope it wasn't too difficult. The idea was to pick up design elements from a home interior photo...

ad

The paper I found was perfect... almost identical to the comforter. Both patterns are from the My Minds Eye Bloom & Grow line. I used a burnt orange card Bazzill stock to pick up the color in the curtains, some metal embellishments from the lamp, and the off white MME bloom & grow journaling card from the furniture.

There's more detailed explanation in my challenge post here if you care to read it.

On Saturday Matt ran out to get a few things and Ethan and I were just sitting around the house. I was on Pearl watch... our new rescue pug... this poor dog will not pee. I've been looking to see if she's going in the house but haven't found anything. She just holds it forever. I don't know if it's because she was in a cage all the time in her previous life or what. So, on Saturday, I took her out the front door to try again, and turned around and there was a USPS package on my front porch by the door. I couldn't figure out who sent me what, and I hadn't placed an order. I picked it up and here I won a prize from 2 Peas from NSD! How cool is that? I didn't even know I won. It was a Basic Grey Lime Rickey card kit. It's cute.

Well, it's officially tomorrow. Hope you had a great day Mom's Day!!

Miss you mom!
Photobucket
(My mom & me, 1968!)

7 comments:

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

oh my girl...great day, awesome lo...I was already all "awww so nice" then the picture of you & your mom...tears are stinging my face...hugs my girl...wow the power of a picture.
Happy Mom's Day (a little late) so happy all year through :)

Amy said...

love this l/o and the adorable photo of you with your mom :) made me smile. hope you had a wonderful mother's day :)

Beth Perry said...

Awwww I love that photo of you and your mom!!! I love old photos. Sweet layout, too!
Yeah, good luck picking out what colors to start out with on the glimmer mists! lol ;P
I have yellow, silver and purple. I would like to get some reds, blues and pinks next.
I just got done trying out gesso for the first time, with glimmer mists over it. It's drying tonight, then I will add some schtuff to it tomorrow. We'll see how that turns out. haha
Let me know if you get some!
Talk to you soon!
B

Elizabeth said...

happy mothers day sweetie!!

I love that new LO, that trim works really well!!

Chrispea said...

Yeah, got that w/you the other day... remember??

Samantha said...

Happy Mother's Day!! I love the LO! It has such bright and happy colors :)

Pamela said...

Love your layout! Hope you had a fabulous Mothers Day. :)