Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day!! Friday Fav and FREE stuff!!

Today my Friday Fav is going to be the Glue Glider. I just bought one yesterday, and I like it a lot. I like that it isn't as big and bulky as an ATG. (plus it's pink!!)


I must be trying to stimulate the economy, because I also bought this:

Actually, my hubby bought it for me for Mother's day, but I got to play with it early.

Well, they call it Pixie for a reason... it is very small. I have pretty petite hands, and I had trouble threading the darn thing. If you've never sewn on a machine before, DO NOT get this machine. The directions are HORRIBLE. Once I figured out the tensions and how to thread the darn thing, it worked fine. It does not hold a large spool of thread. It came with these tiny mini spools, but, I think your standard small spool of thread will work. It does have 8 different stitches. It can run on batteries - so it would be great at a crop, because you know you'd never drag the big boy to a crop. It came with a presser foot, but it's really tiny and made of plastic, so I just use the white hi-low button to start and stop it.

I think it will be perfect for quick page layouts. I would never recommend this machine for making some curtains. It is what it is as they say, great for crafting/scrapbooking.

Did I mention FREE? Oh yes, I did!! Ally scraps is offering free flowers and ribbon with every order placed from now until Sunday!! AND they just got some new Crate Paper lines in. Go check it out!!

Also, Ally Scraps will be hosting a crop on May 9th, so mark your calendars!! Games, challenges AND Jana Eubank as our guest designer!! I'm so excited.

Happy NSD!! It's tomorrow, what are you doing???

1 comment:

Marfa said...

Did you really get a purple sewing machine? It's so pretty...you lucky girl!!! Happy early Mother's Day.