Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ally Scraps DT Reveal Day!!

It's that time again, time for Ally Scraps DT reveal day on the Ally Scraps blog. We had a special DT guest all last month, Jana Eubank, and she joined us for the reveal. This time, there was a twist on the reveal. We had to choose one of the other DT members challenges that we posted for our crop - to design our layout. I chose to do Rae's challenge, which was a countdown, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. You had to use 5 of something, then 4, etc.

I used 5 silk flowers, 4 different patterns, 3 buttons, 2 fonts and 1 deer for my page, along with the We R Memory Keepers Tiffany collection. I {heart} this paper. Love the names, too, Fonda, Monroe, really fun.

Here's my layout. I took these pictures of my long time friend Carol at the beginning of this past May. She's one hot mama don't ya think? She has a 16 year old son - can you believe it! Carol was my college roommate. We've come a long way baby!

Photobucket

I used pop dots to give my little "deer" some dimension.
My Very Dear Friend cu1

The ribbon is Bazzill Basics ruffled ribbon. I attached it by sewing in the middle with a contrasting blue thread.

A few more closeups:

My Very Dear Friend cu4
My Very Dear Friend cu3

Check out the rest of the fab DT work, plus Jana's layout, on the Ally Scraps blog.

Well, just one more day of school, then the kids will be here all day for 3 weeks until camp starts. It's just a day camp. Emma wants to be a junior counselor. She's a few months shy to be one, but I'm sure the director will let her. She's known her for the past 3 years, and she's pretty responsible. Heck, I think she's more responsible than the paid college students who are counselors... they're too worried about flirting with each other!

Have a great Wednesday. Blog ya later!! ;)

6 comments:

scrappin{jewlz} said...

beautiful layout, Chris!

denisewalks said...

I'm not a pink gal at all and I love that LO!

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

great lo girl!
you sweet friend you :)

Beth Perry said...

That is a wicked awesome layout!!!

Amy said...

what a beautiful l/o! btw, i rec'd your pkg ~ everything was great ~ i can't wait to scrap :) you are too generous!!! stop by my blog....i'm having my very 1st giveaway :)

Crafty P said...

found your blog via Oh Scrap which I landed on via Stacy J! I love meeting out 'Burgers! yeah! so fun to see posts/pics of our hometown.

Good to meet you and love your sweet LO!