Thursday, June 18, 2009

Book of Me, and an Award!!

Happy Thursday! We are going to Matt's dad's today to celebrate his father's 82nd birthday. Matt is the baby of the family. (Just sayin', so you don't think we're that old!) His dad could have been my mom's dad!! LOL! Should be lots of photo ops. I made the cutest card for him, if I do say so myself, but I haven't gotten it off of the camera yet. I used the DCWV Green Stack... this is the first stack that I really love... and I'm not a stack kinda girl! ;)

Over on the Ally Scraps board where I'm on the design team, Morag and I are starting up a Book of Me challenge. Every other week we will provide a prompt for you to design a page to go into your Book of Me. I've never done one, so I'm quite excited. This weeks prompt was "The Bucket List"... things you'd like to do before you kick the bucket. I'd love it if you would come and join us. All the prompts (there are 15 from last year) are here in the message board. Come sign up and say hi. Terrific group of girls there!!

Here's what I came up with:
bucket

Originally, I was just going to do it as a digi layout... and 8 1/2 x 11, then it kind of morphed into this hybrid. I typeset my list in Adobe InDesign, then printed it on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet horizontally... I just love the teal and red combo. The polka dot paper is from Imaginese - Twitterpaited, the bottom is a Jenni Bowlin sheet I've had for eons, and I really don't know who did the black and white sheet. I pleated and sewed that sheet to look like a ribbon. There's a tutorial on the Ally Scraps blog for the pleating. Check it out.

And, you know me, love the close ups:
bucket cu1

bucket cu2

Photobucket

I am honored to have received the "One Lovely Blog Award" by Patti (Scrapping is My Passion Blog). Thank you Patti, I really appreciate you thinking of me! Go check out her blog, I just love her birdies at the top!

Photobucket

And now, I get to bestow this award on to 7 lovely blogs...

Kristin - Glue and Popsicle Sticks
Joceyln - Simply Me
Beth - Dirty Laundry
Kristie - Three Guys, A Girl, and A Camera
Kim - To The Stars & Back
Melissa - Life is Art~Pug Notes
Pamela - Pamela's World of Scrap

OK, that's it... I could go on, and on...so many blogs I love. Such wonderful people out there in blogland! :) But, I need to get ready to eat cake!

Have a great day... oh and don't forget to VOTE!! The polls are still open. I am sooo crossing my fingers and toes that I can get pubbed in Creating Keepsakes readers choice section!! Thanks!!

12 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi chris!
congratulations on your award!
thank you soooo much for sharing it with me! you made my day!
:) m

Jocelyn said...

Oh thank you sooooo much for the award!! Your are terrific and I love this idea about the Book of Me. I want to try to play along!!! I have sometime this weekend...keep my fingers crossed!!! Have a great one!!!

Kristin said...

Thanks for the award! I'm glad I stopped by, although not just for the award but for the lovely bucket LO you posted. It's on my to do list but this may be the actual push I needed to complete it!

Erica Hettwer said...

I love the colors on this layout! Just yummy!

Amy said...

love the turquoise & red combo, too :) very cheery....

Beth Perry said...

Thank you, sweetie!! For your congrats AND the blog award!!
Hope you are having a great day!
Oh!! And I love LOVE your bucket list...hmmm...I may need to make one. lol
B

Maggi said...

I love your bucket list layout, the colors are perfect together!

Brit Swiderski said...

I just had to comment- your layout is absolutely gorgeous. Not only is the color combo great, but the though behind it is great as well. I love the "pay for someone else's groceries"- I've always wanted to do that. :)

Lisa T. Howard said...

Hi! Just found your blog by way of Jocelyn and I'm so glad I did! I am now hooked! I will certainly be a follower from this point forward. LOVE your style...and that layout is so eye catching. Can't get enough of the color combo! I was also intrigued with the "Book of Me" project. It seems it would go right along with the projects we are doing at Forward Progress. So you can be I will be checking it out! Congrats on your award! Now enjoy that cake and eat a little extra for me! :)

Pamela said...

I so love your Bucket List layout...fabulous!!! And thanks for the award! Oh, also...I went and voted for you, I love that layout too! :)

Elizabeth said...

Love the LO...The bucket list is a great idea but so depressing. LOL

I voted ;)

KJ said...

Hey Chris....Thanks so much for the award! You are a darlin' for thinking of me. I am sorry it took so long for me to pick it up but I haven't blogged in a day or two...I had too many deadlines to get finished, so no laptop time :o)
I LOVE, LOVE your page, the typography is HOT girl!!

PS: BTW! never got your email...I have often wondered where lost mails go that don't arrive in in-boxes??? To the place where lost socks, hair clips & dress making pins go I suppose :o)