Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Favorite & a Sketch & a Toot!!

TGIF for sure today. What a week. Kids are out of school a mere 24 hours and I hear “I’m bored.” (insert eye roll here!)

Yesterday I took some photos of my friend Diane’s daughter. She just graduated high school. She looked so pretty in her cap and gown. I was so excited that I got such good photos. I think they’ll be pretty happy with them.

I used some actions on them. I’m not a stranger to actions, I just don’t use them because you can do all that stuff manually in Photoshop. But, I think I “get” them now. They are a great time saver. Especially when you are processing 50 photos. My favorite action is a free one from the Pioneer Woman called Lovely and Ethereal. Really softens the photo.

Hopefully, they don't look too dark on your screen, but, when I got them printed, they were perfect!

Photobucket

Friday Favorite
I haven't done a Friday Favorite for a while, because well, it's been Cosmo Cricket Early Bird for the past few weeks! However... today I discovered some new goodies from My Little Yellow Bicycle. Oh, so cute!! They came out with an entire line for just journaling. Yep! It's called Say What. They have tablets, clear sticker words, and clear cuts journaling pieces. The clear cuts are my favorites.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I like these, kinda like the Maya Road ones. I think I just like journaling spots in general.

June Sketch
Did you know that every month Debbie Gaydos provides us with a sketch challenge on Ally Scraps? Play along and you can win fabulous prizes! This is the June sketch... and I think Deb really has outdone herself this month:

Photobucket

You can see ALL of Debbie's fab sketches in the Ally Scraps Sketch Gallery. Check it out! I think I’m going to use this sketch this weekend.

Toot! Toot!
Not for me, but for my talented hubby! Thru his internet connections, he found out that there is a Hawaiian baked goodie with his illustration on it!
Photobucket

See the little chef guy? Pretty cool. I wonder what they taste like?

**BONUS**
Friday Finds
Check these out:
Make a heart out of a paper clip
Bottlecap Tripod... this could come in handy!

Have a great weekend. Hope you enjoy it. Get scrappy, or enjoy the weather, or heck, just relax!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Love those graduations pictures! I wish I had had you there back when I graduated to document my big day!

Spy hidden camera said...

Those graduation pictures are attractive....Really that day is so special in everyone's life.

Wireless Headphones For TV said...

The graduation pictures are so lovely....That girl looks so pretty.