Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vintagey Goodness Part 2 ~ CK PUB

First, I want to thank everyone who voted for me! I WON!! My layout is going to be published in the November Creating Keepsakes. Oh my gosh! This is so awesome. :) What exciting news. I am just on cloud nine. hehehehe, can't wipe the silly grin off of my face. ;)

OK, I'll try to relax....

Wait, one more squeal......eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh!!!

OK, I'm good now!

Phew...

Now on to more vintagey goodness... I love Webster's Pages paper... I'm trying to channel those wonderful shabby chic girls once again... here's what I came up with...
Vintage Vehicle lo

I've got 3 Webster's Pages papers on here – the Sweet as Cherry Pie collection. The background is Fly A Kite, the blue is Tell Your Story and the Birch Beer label was cut out from Let's Celebrate.

A couple of close ups...
vintage cu2

vintage cu1

I know none of my local LSS carry Websters, if yours doesn't, you can always order it from Ally Scraps. She has a really good shipping price, and they're really quick!! I love getting my box of goodies when I order!! Who doesn't love scrappy mail?

In the photo is my Aunt Elaine, my dad, my mom and my Bubba (Grandma). My aunt is about 13 or so in the photo, and I notice such a resemblance in my daughter. That's neat. I love old photos. I always looked at my son and wonder where his nose and chin came from. Then one day while I was working on a mini album of Matt's mom... there was Ethan's chin and nose! Matt's mom passed away in 1993 before either of my kids were born and I really only knew her for a year... so I didn't get the connection until I saw the photos of her when she was young.

Thank you again for voting!! I can't wait to see my layout in CK. I've never been published in that magazine.

Have a great day!!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on your win! That is soooo cool :)

Abby said...

congrats! How awesome! You really deserve it. Fab job!

Christie said...

Congratulations!!!!! And I love your vintagey layout!

Amy said...

yay for you!!! what awesome news ~ congrats :) you deserve it!

Shelley Haganman said...

I am so glad to hear this! I voted for you!! :)

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

wwwwooooooohHHHHHHooooOOOOO!!!!

Marfa said...

Yippee...I look forward to seeing your layout on the pages of CK!!!

This Vintage lo is also fabulous...I love how you cut out the birds + berries...

Abby said...

LOVE the new webster's! Great page...I love old photos, too.