Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Busy and My Blogiversary!!

Happy Tuesday... it’s a beautiful day here. Maybe I can sneak in some sun today. I'm rather pale. Just for a few minutes.

The other day I played with some Sassafras Lass paper that I got in my kit order from Ally Scraps. I really loved the Stampede paper, which is what I used for my background. I know it’s a busy paper, but, I like to think of it as “fun”. I also used Pal Parade and the Sassafras Lass Wild Side chipboard animals. There are a lot of pieces of chipboard. I want to use the alligator. He's cute.

These photos were taken when my kids were little {sniff}... I can't believe that I’ll have a teenager in a month and a half.

Roar

Here’s a close up... I put a little birdie on the lion’s head for fun:
Roar cu

I also used stickles on the flower centers and the eyes, but it’s hard to tell in the photo.

I’m celebrating 2 years of blogging!! Yep... my very first post was July 8, 2007... and I didn’t even post any photos.
Photobucket
Last year I did a drawing and gave a prize... this year I’m doing something a little different. I’m going to send the very first person who left me a message on my very first blog post a little somethin’ somethin’... and (drum roll please) it was Patti Martin!!! Yeah Patti!! Patti is a sweetie, and once out of the blue, she sent me some beautiful Magnolia stamped images. Thanks Patti!!

Next year... I might do something with maybe who left the most comments!! Hehehehe. We all need a little love now and then. So don’t be afraid to say “hi”. I promise I’ll visit you, too.

Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Misty (Snowlady) said...

Congrats on your Blogversary! Your layout is adorable!!! I love that paper & the lion is so cute!

Jingle said...

Congrats on your milestone! My one year is coming up next month! I'm going to have to think of something! I love your layout! That line of paper is WAY too much fun!!!

Christie said...

Congrats on two years! I love your layout. I'm getting very melancholy myself about my kids growing up. Connor starts kindergarten this week. sniff, sniff. :(

Elizabeth said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! That's an adorable LO! I just love zoo pics!!

Have a great day!!

PattiM said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 2 YEARS, CHRISPEA!!! Was I really the first.. LOL Whoo hoooo for me.. LOL Thank you!!

LOve your LO.... Thats a cute line. I have a hard time working with pp and no cs inbetween. But you did a great job at combining everything, as usual....
And I can't believe your going to have a teenager in little over a month either. LOL We all have said that. Now for me it was, I can't believe I'm going to have a 30 year old son this year. And the biggest one is, I can't believe I'm going to be 50 this year. (sigh) Where'd all the years go?? Anyways, congrats.

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Harley Dee said...

Yay, Happy Blogiversary!! :) And congrats to Patti, she deserves goodies. She's awesome :)

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

woohoo congrads on 2 years :)
on my youngests birthday too...July 8th is a fab day :)

Rachel said...

Congrats! May you have many more years. I truly enjoy your blog.

Toodles!

Kelli said...

Happy anniversary!
I sure love your banner!

Amy said...

happy blogiversary!!! july 8 is a great day ~ it's also my hubby & my dating anniversary ~ celebrated 20 years this year!!!! love your LO, too, btw :)