Friday, July 10, 2009

So Ready for the Weekend

Wow, haven't worked this hard in a long time! Got a lot of work projects done... and in between it all, I scrapped a page. I really needed it. I needed to do something for me, something fun and rewarding.

This layout is all about Jenni Bowlin! I got everything from Ally Scraps. They have new Jenni Bowlin papers and embellies in. Check them out here.

I used JB Front Porch Red Circle Flowers, JB Mini Patriotic Bingo cards, and for the border some JB Farmer's Wife Cherry Pie paper. I also used some JB chipboard milk cap buttons.

freedom

couple close ups:
freedom cu2
freedom cu1

I have more to share, but, duty calls. After being chained to my desk for 5 full days, I need to go grocery shopping... we ran out of dishwasher detergent... bottled water.... cereal.... and the list goes on and on. I had to raid my pantry yesterday to come up with dinner, and it actually turned out pretty tasty. I did linguine with salmon, tomatoes, cream, garlic & green olives. Everyone ate it. AMAZING. I substituted the green olives for capers, and I think it worked out OK.

Since Ethan has allergies, I gave him the sauce before I put the cream in. These are the kind of things you gotta think about when cooking... that way, I don't need to make two different dishes.

I'll blog you peeps later. (do people still say that? Eh, what do I know.)

Have a good one.

Oh, PS. Cosmo Cricket still needs some comments to hit their $1000 mark. If you haven't already commented, please do so. If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, see below.

7 comments:

Rita said...

Gorgeous page! Love all the JB and your photos are fabulous!

Lisa T. Howard said...

Awesome LO! I'm feeling your pain where work is concerned. I feel like I've been drug through the trenches this week. Thank goodness it is finally the weekend. Enjoy!

joscelyne cutchens said...

I was just thinking, no, she didn't put cream in the sauce, what did her son eat?! ha!
I love that layout, so cute and fresh!

Jocelyn said...

Oh I just adore the LO....such great colors and details!!! I just adore your talent!!! Thanks for the Heads up on the places in Dewey!!!!! We always hit Rehobeth, Dewey and then to Ocean City Maryland!!!!! Funny...we are from Maryland a prefer the beaches of Delaware and New Jersey!!!!! I guess I am just kinda tired of Ocean City...been there all my life!!! I am going to check out the coffee shop and Jake's!!!! Seafood YUMMO!!!!! Thanks for all your wonderful comments..... Have a great week!!! :)

Amy said...

LOVE this LO! i've got some jenni bowlin that's been sitting....now i'm inspired. thanks :)

Joanie said...

Beautiful page!

KJ said...

Chris this page ROCKS!! What is it about red/white 'n blue that is so awesome as a colour combo??

So much for your 'make-do-meal'...it sounds delicious...when can I come over hahaha! Ya right, only unless your other car in the garage is a Boeing :o)
Have a super day!