Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday Card & More Staycation picts

This weekend we celebrated Emma's 13th birthday at G-ma's and Paps house on Sunday. (Her real birthday is tomorrow.) She totally made out in the $$ department and we will be going to purchase her cell phone tonight. That's all she wanted. That's all we have heard about for months! She'll be happy. She'll have a better phone than I have. Oh well, I sit here all day in front of my mac doing graphic design so I don't need a fancy phone.

Here's a picture of her card that I made for her using My Little Shoebox papers. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!! ;)

Photobucket

card cu

A few more photos of our "staycation" that I wanted to share. Is it still a "staycation" if you go somewhere? I figure if it's within an hours drive, you're technically still in your neck of the woods, staying close to home.

After we went to Laurel Caverns, we went to Ohiopyle State Park. This is a photo of Cucumber Falls where we hung out for a good while. It's really pretty. I'd like to go back during the fall to get some really colorful photos.

Here is Emma walking by the falls
Photobucket

Another view of the falls:
falls

A funky tree root, which I dubbed "Davey Jones":
tree root

Lastly, a pretty picture of the forest. If you turn 180° from facing the falls, this is the view:
forest


That's it for today.

Hope you have a great day.


10 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

what a sweet card! :) Happy Birthday Emma! :)

Lisa T. Howard said...

That has to be the cutest card EVER! Sounds like Emma had a great b-day celebration! Happy birthday to her!!! Your pics are amazing...really love the photos of the falls. Hope you are having a great Monday! xoxo L

Christie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Emma! Cute card! Love your pics of the forest and waterfalls. Very pretty!

Chrispea said...

You're not late Christie, her birthday is Sept. 1 - tomorrow.

lisadickinson said...

gorgeous photos! i love the "davy jones" tree :)

scrapbookobsession said...

Does Emma know how lucky she is to have a mom that can make gorgeous cards like that?? WOW! And your photos are breathtaking. Sounds like the perfect stay-cation.
~Erika

Amy said...

absolutely gorgeous photos! :) happy birthday to emma!

Katrina said...

I love the card!! Happy Bday Emma...and the staycation photos rock! no pun intended!

Marfa said...

What an awesome card...I bet Emma loved it!!! Those photos are just beautiful, so much nature!

Linda Beeson said...

What gorgeous photos, I would say that was a trip that was well worth it.