Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Card and Staycation Photos

I did this card for Creative Charms as an example of what you can do with their Scrap Pink kits. I have never had so much fun using a product. I used A LOT of product!! That was the fun part. :) Normally, I'm really stingy with my embellishments because I like to save them. It was pretty cool to just let loose and play.

Check out the Creative Charms blog if you are interested in ordering some kits for a Breast Cancer Crop. All the contact information is in that post.

Photobucket

I paired pink and teal cardstock with Doodlebug Tuttifruitti Collection - floral and Doodlebug Sweet Treats Collection - sundae stripe. Both papers are still in stock at Ally Scraps.

Speaking of Ally Scraps, they are going to be doing things a bit differently. This upcoming month is going to have more blog features AND a they have a guest designer all set up. I don't know if I can let the "cat" out of the bag yet, but she's an awesome scrapbooker, so stay tuned.

Last week we took a "staycation". I feel bad that we didn't get to do more exciting stuff, but the kids seemed to enjoy it. We went to Laurel Caverns and saw a bat. He was kinda cute... don't you agree???

bat

They have colored lights set up in the cave which really made this photo turn out so cool. There is a pond in this photo, if you can tell, and the cave top is reflecting in the water. I love how this photo turned out.

Photobucket

Well, that's it for today. I'm still having a rough week... still trying to wrap my mind around the news I received on Monday.... I guess I'll get through it with lots of prayers and hope and faith.

Take care. Have a great day.

10 comments:

Suzanne Webb said...

WOW, that is an awesome photo (the bottom one :) of the caves. Your card is darling too, love all the bling :)

Pattie said...

Hope things get better for you, Chris!

joscelyne cutchens said...

I got a box of love in the mail today! :) Thanks so much! I hope whatever you're dealing with is going to be okay soon. praying for you dear!

Katrina said...

AWESOME photo....and I am glad I am not the only one that takes a pic of a bat!!!!

Kristin said...

Wanted to drop by and THANK YOU SUPER BUNCHES! Needless to say the whole bag is already gone and it was a much need bright spot in my hectic week!

Sending prayers your way and I hope things get better soon. :-)

Michelle said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Chris... You know I'm here for ya.

Michelle said...

Oh, & AWESOME projects, by the way!!!! You rock!

Jocelyn said...

What a beautiful card!!!!! Love the pics and they bat is cute...as long as it stays there and does not take flight!!!! Thank you for your wonderful comments that you always leave!!!!! I so adore you!!! :)

Beth Perry said...

HI baby!!! How have you been?
That cave pic is gorgeous and that card is to die for! Geeez!! So pretty!
Ok, now for the bat?....um...I am still trying to decide if he's cute or not. hahaha
:P
B

Amy said...

love the pic from the cave - absolutely beautiful! don't know what you're going through, but know that i'll be praying for you. hope it all works out....sending {hugs} and smiles :)