Monday, August 17, 2009

Staycation, Another Lost Dog Story & A Layout

It's our "staycation" week. I'm trying to finish up my work so I can take the kids to do something today. Most likely swimming. I think it's going to be 100°, I kid you not. YUCK.

We decided not to go on vacation because our dog Louie is 15 years old. He's not sick, but he's senile, blind and deaf. I have this fear that if we put him in a kennel or leave him with someone, that is when he will choose to cross the rainbow bridge.

On Saturday night, our neighborhood had a block party. It was pretty fun. We left about 9:30 because the bugs were eating us alive. The party was only 5 houses down. When we came home, we left the dogs out to do their business. Usually after Louie goes, he just sits down and waits for us to pick him up. (It's kind of hilarious) Well, my dh had a few brewskies and apparently forgot to bring Louie back in. Around 11 pm I get a call that went something like this,

"Hey, do you have a dog named Louie? I called this number that is on his tag." said the young man.

"Yes, but he's right here sleeping." I get up and look in Louie's bed which is in our office... um, no, he's not there.

"Uh, hold on a minute." I say, and put the phone down.

I run into the living room to see if Louie is in there... no Louie I yell upstairs to my husband to see if he remembers bringing him in. He swears he did.

We give the boy (who goes to Emma's school) our address and a few minutes later, he brings Louie home. Emma answered the door and offers the boys money. They didn't take it. Then she thanks them for bringing our super old dog home.


Again, I can't believe he walked the whole way down there! I think the only thing guiding him was his sense of smell... hamburgers were in the air! LOL!

I managed to scrap a few projects this weekend. This is the first one I did. It was a pretty quick and simple LO.

I love these old photos. Emma was 2 in this picture and we were at the county fair. She'll be 13 in 2 weeks and 1 day. Wow, did that go fast!

Photobucket

The background paper is Fancy Pants Bracket Trees and I combined that with some Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday Line: Thursday Girl and both sides of Saturday Girl. The journaling tag and the tag under my title is from Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday Collection - 12x12 Elements.

Here's a close up:
cutie cu

Check out the Ally Scraps store, Cathy has been adding tons of new CHA stuff. I can't wait to get some of the new lines she has in!!

That's it for now. I'd better get moving if I plan on doing anything.

Have a great day!!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Cute layout!!! Enjoy your week!

Elizabeth said...

Have a great "staycation" we are on that too this week. I'm glad your pup is safe at home.

Adorable LO!! :)

Kristin said...

Enjoy the rest of your staycation! It's pretty hot here too but not quite 100, yikes!

Good luck with that, lol! :-)

Great LO btw!

Stacy said...

Glad he got home okay. I absolutely adore your LO.

Amy said...

cute l/o! i'm a sucker for buttons :) glad you're dog was returned home safely.

Katrina said...

glad louie made it home safe...i am always terrified of the dogs getting away....cute layout and those tags are adorable also!