Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fabulous Fall!!

When last I left you it was still summer! Man, how did that happen? Is it FALL already?

Yep, it sure is... it was official yesterday the 22nd.

I have to admit, I love fall, it's my favorite time of year. Cooler temps, pretty colors, Halloween and Thanksgiving... Fort Ligonier Days parade and festival, apple festival, apple pies, going to the pumpkin patch, wearing sweatshirts... what's not to love???

To celebrate fall, I did this layout. I got the idea from another blog where she used circles and layered them... then I thought that leaves would be cool. So, I cut out a bunch of leaves using the gorgeous Pink Paislee Amber Road Collection. This paper is so pretty. I wanted to make something more than a layout that I'd stick in an album and not see, so I made this to be more like art than a layout. The tree trunk is from the PP Captivating Collection (if I'm not mistaken).

I have this layout propped up on a wall shelf in my foyer amongst fall leaves, pumpkins and gords. I think it turned out pretty, I'm happy with it.
Fab Fall

Here's a couple of closeups:

I stitched randomly over the leaves to sort of quilt them:
Fab Fall cu5

Fab Fall cu3

Next, I used pop dots to raise my photos up. I wanted the "tree" to look full and fluffy, so I didn't want to squash the leaves down.
Fab Fall cu2

That's it - it was pretty easy to put together. I used about 75 leaves give or take a dozen. I cut out 3 different sizes. All the details are on the Ally Scraps blog today. If you haven't been there lately, there is a gorgeous layout by Kimber McGray, check it out if you get a chance.

Have a fabulous fall day!!

19 comments:

Jingle said...

WOW! Umm...wow! Wow! and WOW! That is gorgeous! I love the tons and tons of leaves you added in all different fabulous patterns!

Stacy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love that line too!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Gorgeous dimension and I love your stitching!

GLOANN said...

Chris, what a gorgeous job with that. Definitely a piece of art that should not be hidden away. And you cut out about 75 leaves! Wow!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous Layout!! I love that :)

Christie said...

Love it! It might have been easy for you to put that together, but that would have taken me forever!

scrappin{jewlz} said...

OMG - that is a FABULOUS layout!! I Love it!!!

Michelle said...

Love all those patterned leaves! Thank goodness for cutting machines, right?! LOL! You did a fab job! Love that it doubles as wall art! Bonus!!!

PattiM said...

Awesome LO, Chris!! Love all the color, the tree is gorgeous. I'll bet it looks great with the pumpkins, leaves and gords. Your eyes would go straight to the LO.

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Cindy said...

VERY COOL idea. Love the fact that it's SO 3-D. Wonderful layout!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Chris....this is SPECTACULAR!!!!! I love the tree and the leaves!!! I need to scraplift this one!!!! :)

ellen s. said...

holy smokes is that cool, amazing, gorgeous, beautiful...

Pattie said...

That's so pretty! Love all those leaves! What a great idea. :)

Anonymous said...

HELP !!!! I love this lay out . But , how did you cut the leaves ? Are they a punch ? Any tips would be appreciated . Thanks Sue

Marfa said...

Totally inspiring...I don't know if I'm up for a tree like that, looks like too much work, but I ADORE the outcome!

Lisa T. Howard said...

WOW! This is a super cool project...love the leaves, the layering, the stitching, the Amber Road papers (YUM!)...love everything about it! Great job!

Shelley Haganman said...

Love, love , love this! What a beautiful piece of work!! Hey, Chris I just wanted to let you know I put your name on a blog award list that I received. It is on my blog. You can play and pass it on or not. I just thought of you when I was filling mine out! Thanks! Shelley

Marcie said...

This is truly gorgeous! Just love all of the leaves!

Kristin said...

You know this is stinkin awesome right?!! Love it!