Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kimber McGray and Big Changes

There are big changes going on over at Ally Scraps. My design team run is over. :( However, they have asked me to come back from time to time as a guest designer. They are doing away with the regular design team and will now be featuring 2 guest designers each month. As sad as I am that my run is over, I think it will really be a boost to their blog traffic AND - bonus - there are many FABULOUS designers lined up to show off their incredible talent and style. That's what I'm most excited about.

The first guest designer will be Kimber McGray!! How cool is that! She's been gracing us with her presence on the Ally Scraps forum. What a lovely lady. To find out all the happenings and for a fun giveaway, check out this Ally Scraps blog post. There is a lot in store!!

Lucky me... I also get to be a guest designer for September!! I did my first Ally Scraps guest dt layout last night on a full belly of the Olive Garden's never ending pasta bowl. YUM! That's where Em wanted to go for her birthday.

This layout is done with Cosmo Crickets Boyfriend line. When I saw this line, I knew I had to have it. Totally perfect for my son. He's been feeling a bit neglected with all the girly layouts lately! (OK, not really, he could care less! haha)

the look

Couple of close ups:

the look cu

Photobucket

You can find out the details and the supplies used by going to this post on the Ally Scraps blog.

I've really been drawn to more simple layouts lately. I've even been considering switching over to 8 1/2 x 11 size. I could do a lot more computer stuff that way, more hybrid things. My printer will print full bleed 8 1/2 x 11 photos, so I could throw in some digi layouts in the albums. Just tossing the idea around.

Have a great day, and don't forget to check out the Ally Scraps blog and enter the giveaway.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

I love your layout!!! And I love "the look"...lol. Sorry your DT term is over but I am sure that more will open up for you! :)

Jingle said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout! I managed to get every paper in that line EXCEPT for the clothesline! By the time I could place my 2peas order it was sold out! I was so bummed, but I plan to play with the others! I made a way fun Earth Love project the other day, though!!!

lisadickinson said...

love what you did here! maybe i need to go to Olive Garden too - the pasta must be good for the mojo! :)

Norma Kennedy said...

Just Beautiful I tell U and I am sure you will have many offers knocking at your door soon with such Gorgeousness !

Marcie said...

Fantastic layout & love all of the layering!

Kristin said...

Great LO! I have really enjoyed working with 8 1/2x11 LO's. It's fun to mix it up now and then :-)

Katrina said...

very adorable!!! I don't think I could scrap 8.5 x 11...I have a hard enough time trying not to fill a 12x12!!

Kim Strother said...

Great layout!! I hadn't even seen the Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend Line before, but I agree it is perfect for my son too. I guess I have one more thing to add to my wish list.