Sunday, September 27, 2009

Free Leaf Files and 2 Cards

Wow, thanks so much for the response on my leaf layout in my last post. A lot of people have asked how I did it. Really, it took less than an hour to do, once I had the leaves cut out.

I used several sheets of the Pink Paislee Amber Road papers and cut them to 6x12 so I could fit them into my Silhouette die cutting machine. I found a leaf pattern online and cut out about 75 leaves of 3 different sizes. (If you have leaf punches or Sizzix dies, you could use those instead.) What is nice about the double sided paper is after you have your leaf cut out, you can flip it over and have a different pattern on the other side. The papers I used were Pink Paislee Amber Road - Hayride, Pink Paislee Amber Road - Bonfire, Pink Paislee Amber Road - Apple Cider and what I had left of the Autumn Blossom, which I cut to 10x10 and used over the base of the Pink Paislee Amber Road Diecut Sheet - Fall Festival.

Once I had all my leaves cut out, I just dabbed each with a dot of glue and went to town, layering them until I thought they looked right. The next step, I went to my sewing machine and just stitched a random pattern on top of the leaves.

Since I used double sided paper, I had 8 different patterns to choose from. I tried to not make the same patterns touch. That was it.

This is the leaf pattern that I used. I found it online, redrew it and altered it a bit.
Photobucket

If you would like the jpeg image click here to download.

If you would like the SVG image to download, click here.

I had some extras leaves left over, so I made 2 cards. I think they look so elegant with that Pink Paislee Amber Road paper.

Photobucket

pp thank you 1

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Sunday!!

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh thank you for this file...I have the Silhouette and I just adore your LO.....The cards are wonderful!!!!! YIPPEE...I want to go start cutting out leaves!!!! Wishing you a FABULOUS WEEK!!!! :)

scrappin{jewlz} said...

Cute cards, Chris! Love the papers you used - perfect!

GLOANN said...

Well, now I find out! I thought you had cut all those leaves by hand with scissors. LOL Just wondered how you ever had the patience for that. Love your cards. They are very elegant.

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing your leaf pattern! Those are beautiful cards! Someone will need to be thanking you for making them thank you cards!

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 27 Sep [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 28 Sep [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Sep. 28, 2009. Thanks again.

Drea said...

Girl............I love to come read your blog when I remember to actually do it! It always puts a smile on my face and you are so darn creative!

I'm so sorry about your coffee pot.....Sigh. I love mine too and just can't imagine life without it!

LOL